Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone,

I applied for The Summer School for Access 2013 but haven't heard anything since the initial confirmation that they received my application, has anyone been accepted onto the course for 2013? thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuffLikeIron)
    hello everyone,

I applied for The Summer School for Access 2013 but haven't heard anything since the initial confirmation that they received my application, has anyone been accepted onto the course for 2013? thank you.
    Hi there,

Sorry I won't be much help to you but I'm in the same situation at the moment. The waiting just kills.
    I was thinking of phoning next week, see if that might speed things up... or something.
    I think, because they're still taking applications up to June, it might take a while to hear back.
    Anyway, I hope you hear from them soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nostalgiahunter)
    Hi there,

Sorry I won't be much help to you but I'm in the same situation at the moment. The waiting just kills.
    I was thinking of phoning next week, see if that might speed things up... or something.
    I think, because they're still taking applications up to June, it might take a while to hear back.
    Anyway, I hope you hear from them soon.
    hey Nostalgiahunter, I got my offer but I wont be going because they invoiced me under Rest Of UK (RUK) fees which is almost 3k & I haven't got that kind of money yes the waiting sucks, I called them twice before they send me the offer letter... their slow but I am positive you will get it! best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    hey Nostalgiahunter, I got my offer but I wont be going because they invoiced me under Rest Of UK (RUK) fees which is almost 3k & I haven't got that kind of money yes the waiting sucks, I called them twice before they send me the offer letter... their slow but I am positive you will get it! best of luck!
    Oh that's horrible.
    I don't want to seem like I'm prying but are you from Scotland, because I'm sure I was to be charged for the course but that was wrong, so I called them to sort it out. Maybe that's what happened to you?
    I'm a bit of an idiot, I'm sure I've got my letter, but was confusing it with degree things. I need confirmation about accommodation. Letter says they'll phone me in May though.
    Aw, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's horrible.
    I don't want to seem like I'm prying but are you from Scotland, because I'm sure I was to be charged for the course but that was wrong, so I called them to sort it out. Maybe that's what happened to you?
    I'm a bit of an idiot, I'm sure I've got my letter, but was confusing it with degree things. I need confirmation about accommodation. Letter says they'll phone me in May though.
    Aw, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sorry for not coming back to you sooner was down with chicken pox no im not from Scotland, im from England, the RUK fees is for England, Wales and NI.

ReputationRep:
    sorry for not coming back to you sooner was down with chicken pox no im not from Scotland, im from England, the RUK fees is for England, Wales and NI.
    You poor thing, hope you're better now.
    Oh sorry. When I did my application, I was to get charged when i shouldn't but I phoned them and they've said they'd sort it. I hoped it would be something like that in your case. I'm sorry you won't be going the summer school.
    Are you going to do something else instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You poor thing, hope you're better now.
    Oh sorry. When I did my application, I was to get charged when i shouldn't but I phoned them and they've said they'd sort it. I hoped it would be something like that in your case. I'm sorry you won't be going the summer school.
    Are you going to do something else instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm good now, thanks. I have some good news to share with you, the thing is I had made 2 applications one for Summer School and one for Anthropology just to be on the safe side, I was sad about not being able to make it into Summer School coz of RUK Fees but turned out I was worrying myself for nothing, I've just firmed Aberdeen like a minute ago, they gave Unconditional offer for Anthropology regardless! Im over the moon! so, will definitely see you there in Sept! cant wait! best of luck with Summer School

ReputationRep:
    I'm good now, thanks. I have some good news to share with you, the thing is I had made 2 applications one for Summer School and one for Anthropology just to be on the safe side, I was sad about not being able to make it into Summer School coz of RUK Fees but turned out I was worrying myself for nothing, I've just firmed Aberdeen like a minute ago, they gave Unconditional offer for Anthropology regardless! Im over the moon! so, will definitely see you there in Sept! cant wait! best of luck with Summer School
    WOOOOO!! Well done you.
    Unconditional, that's awesome
    Yeah definitely! And thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I'm 21 and just sitting my Scottish Highers. Predicted A and two B's. I don't particularly want to sit another round of highers if I'm honest. I feel like I need to move on. Then my mate showed me this summer school and thought it looked like a good idea. Is there any chance I could gain access onto a degree at Aberdeen upon completion of the summer school if I haven't actually applied via UCAS to any unis this year?

Was either that or a HNC at Aberdeen college and skip first year. I just don't know what to do. Wish I was allowed to do 4 higher this year.. would of been so much simpler for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinetyOne)
    Hey. I'm 21 and just sitting my Scottish Highers. Predicted A and two B's. I don't particularly want to sit another round of highers if I'm honest. I feel like I need to move on. Then my mate showed me this summer school and thought it looked like a good idea. Is there any chance I could gain access onto a degree at Aberdeen upon completion of the summer school if I haven't actually applied via UCAS to any unis this year?

Was either that or a HNC at Aberdeen college and skip first year. I just don't know what to do. Wish I was allowed to do 4 higher this year.. would of been so much simpler for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well you'll need to apply for degrees as soon as possible - I'm pretty sure you can apply without ucas, should be on the uni's website.
    The summer school prospectus will tell you what grades you need for most Aberdeen uni courses and will still be accepting applications just now (I'm not too sure about degree courses at this time, sorry.)

Ugh, i know. I could've been in uni three years ago if highers would've worked out.
    Anyway, I can't help you decide, but for what it's worth, I think the summer school is a great idea. Phone them, and ask for some advice, they're really nice there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sending my application for the summer school away tomorrow, fingers crossed I get in!

ReputationRep:
    Did mine a few days ago. Just waiting to hear back. My lecturer said she gave me a nice reference haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinalikescheese)
    Sending my application for the summer school away tomorrow, fingers crossed I get in!
    Good luck, hope you get in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did mine a few days ago. Just waiting to hear back. My lecturer said she gave me a nice reference haha
    Oh good. Do you know what you'll do after summer school? In your last post you seemed concerned about getting access to a degree after ss.
    That was nice about your lecturer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh good. Do you know what you'll do after summer school? In your last post you seemed concerned about getting access to a degree after ss.
    That was nice about your lecturer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wanted to do history and sociology joint degree but seems my plans aren't going to happen. At least not this year. Got an email from them today saying I would of had to have applied via UCAS in january to gain access. Too late now. :/ now excuse me while I go cry into a corner for the rest of the day. I don't think I can bare staying on at college for another year of higher. ;(

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to do history and sociology joint degree but seems my plans aren't going to happen. At least not this year. Got an email from them today saying I would of had to have applied via UCAS in january to gain access. Too late now. :/ now excuse me while I go cry into a corner for the rest of the day. I don't think I can bare staying on at college for another year of higher. ;(
    Oh no, that really sucks.
    Could you maybe take a year out until you can apply again? That's what I did - not that I managed to make the best of it but hey.
    I'm sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted it to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, that really sucks.
    Could you maybe take a year out until you can apply again? That's what I did - not that I managed to make the best of it but hey.
    I'm sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted it to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll survive. I always do. :P I did have another plan but I'm still not sure about it. Was possibly thinking of doing a HNC in social sciences at Aberdeen college and gaining access to the uni through that + the 3 highers I already have (or will have come august). But then I'm not sure if that would effect my funding when I go on to uni.. Whether they would only fund me for 3 years

ReputationRep:
    I'll survive. I always do. :P I did have another plan but I'm still not sure about it. Was possibly thinking of doing a HNC in social sciences at Aberdeen college and gaining access to the uni through that + the 3 highers I already have (or will have come august). But then I'm not sure if that would effect my funding when I go on to uni.. Whether they would only fund me for 3 years
    That's a good idea. And your funding would be ok in that case: saas will fund you if you've done an HNC before a degree, they're going to fund me and I didn't complete my HNC.
    Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.