Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Anonymous flirting gone wrong :-S Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I have been dating this girl for a year and am madly in love with her. She was on holiday recently and this other girl started chatting me up on fb.

I told her I have a gf but she was persistent and for some reason I kept messaging her for a couple of days (maybe because my gf was abroad and we were in less contact beacuse of time difference).

Anyways this all culminated in me sending her a pic of me in my boxers as a laugh after I had just got back from pub and when she was being flirty and asked what I'm wearing. I'm a wordly lad and though this was harmless banter at the time as I had made it clear to this girl I wasn't interested. She asked to meet me on a few occasions but I always refused as I wasn't interested in cheating on my gf.

This girl is really bitter now that I refused her advances and I told her to stop communicating with me after she kept trying to flirt with me (I blocked her on fb and whatsapp); however now she has been messaging my gf on facebook out of spite and telling her I sent her that picture.

My girlfriend is obviously not impressed and giving me the silent treatment. Girls - how can I dig myself out of this, given I truly love my gf and would never cheat on her and want a long term future with her?

ReputationRep:
    Silly you for flirting. Sillier you for getting caught.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite low on her part but this is what jealousy amounts to it was a mistake to send the picture of your boxers to this girl try to convince your girlfriend that it was a mistake. Tell her that you will never do such thing ever again.

ReputationRep:
    Show her the original conversations to show it was harmless?

Though tbh, I would be super annoyed with my bf if he did that, and I'm not sure you'll be able to worm your way out of it.

ReputationRep:
    You sent a picture of yourself in boxers for a laugh?

You have an odd sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madferit1878)
    Hi Guys,

I have been dating this girl for a year and am madly in love with her. She was on holiday recently and this other girl started chatting me up on fb.

I told her I have a gf but she was persistent and for some reason I kept messaging her for a couple of days (maybe because my gf was abroad and we were in less contact beacuse of time difference).

Anyways this all culminated in me sending her a pic of me in my boxers as a laugh after I had just got back from pub and when she was being flirty and asked what I'm wearing. I'm a wordly lad and though this was harmless banter at the time as I had made it clear to this girl I wasn't interested. She asked to meet me on a few occasions but I always refused as I wasn't interested in cheating on my gf.

This girl is really bitter now that I refused her advances and I told her to stop communicating with me after she kept trying to flirt with me (I blocked her on fb and whatsapp); however now she has been messaging my gf on facebook out of spite and telling her I sent her that picture.

My girlfriend is obviously not impressed and giving me the silent treatment. Girls - how can I dig myself out of this, given I truly love my gf and would never cheat on her and want a long term future with her?
    Well done, that cost you her trust in you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Im just disappointed to see you get caught! God help you my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King_Julien)
    Im just disappointed to see you get caught! God help you my friend.
    Have patched things up with the gf. Although I am sorry for my misdemeaour, I guess it still showed that I was not willing to meet up with another woman for a flirty rendezvous; as I truly love my gf.

This other girl is what they call a homewrecker though! Can't take rejection well and is hell-bent on causing destruction. I guess I wasn't the first and won't be the last guy to entertain her.

Watch out guys - there are girls out there with no self respect who are willing to make your life hell.

ReputationRep:
    Have patched things up with the gf. Although I am sorry for my misdemeaour, I guess it still showed that I was not willing to meet up with another woman for a flirty rendezvous; as I truly love my gf.

This other girl is what they call a homewrecker though! Can't take rejection well and is hell-bent on causing destruction. I guess I wasn't the first and won't be the last guy to entertain her.

Watch out guys - there are girls out there with no self respect who are willing to make your life hell.

Glad to know, all is well!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.