Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Hi.

I've noticed that I'm getting more and more anxious about work. I'm a teacher working abroad and there are three full time teachers in my school. I'm in charge of speaking classes, but there seems to be little communication among staff.

I also doubt my ability to teach and question whether I'm doing a good job.

Has anyone else felt like this? These feelings are making work and home life difficult since work is always on my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    These feelings are making work and home life difficult since work is always on my mind.
    If it makes you feel any less alone - I often feel anxious and worried at work. I'm not sure that I can offer any constructive advice. Perhaps do as I do and try to objectively look at things. Look at your colleagues as peers and not your betters. It's easier said that done, but it's all part of the human experience for a lotof people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeery83)
    If it makes you feel any less alone - I often feel anxious and worried at work. I'm not sure that I can offer any constructive advice. Perhaps do as I do and try to objectively look at things. Look at your colleagues as peers and not your betters. It's easier said that done, but it's all part of the human experience for a lotof people.
    Thanks for the help. Sometimes I feel like I have to do everything myself. Like the old saying, if you want something doing, do it yourself.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.