Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Please i am trying to make a decision between Msc Economics, Finanace & Mangement in Bristol and Msc Finanace & Business Economics in Manchester. Please which course do you think employers would respect more and which is more flexible such that i can fit into any industry?......I also want to know more about ease of accomodation,jobs, student life,ranking,teaching quality,accreditation and accesibility.....I need your opinions as i need to make a choice as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do Business/Finance/Economics degree so it's hard to talk from that perspective. But I am at Manchester and LOVE it. It's a brilliant city- has brilliant work opportunities and the reputation of Manchester Business School exceeds itself. Manchester is also in the top 50 universities in the world league tables- so this may give you a nice edge if you were to pursue an international career.

I don't want to knock Bristol, the reputation of its univeristy is uncontested- but Manchester will give you the life experience, the breadth of a social life (biggest single site university in the UK) and good work opportunities after university.

If you have any more specific questions about Manchester, don't hesitate to contact me! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanx a lot.....

ReputationRep:
    Read the course descriptions carefully. You arent just choosing a Uni - you are choosing a course. And regardless of the subject, no two Uni courses are exactly the same.

Look beyond the general blurb about 'this is what this course is about' and read the detailed description of the units/modules available in each of the three years. Which interest you most? Look also at things like assessment methods (are you better at exams or coursework?), opportunities for placements or a Year Abroad.

Dont get hung up on the finite detail of League Tables. Both these two Unis and 'good' Unis and will give you a very worthwhile and usable degree. Its the course that is important here - that's what you will be doing day-in, day-out for the next three years so choose carefully.

ReputationRep:
    thanx a lot. it is actually a masters degree i am going for so it is just one year but would love to work for about two years before i leave the uk.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.