Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I will finish my psychology BA this year and have applied for Computer Science with and without foundation year.

I'm a Portuguese student and I had maths until my 12 year, pretty much the same level as A levels.

My question is, since I haven't had maths for 3 years, would I do poorly if I went into computer science without foundation?

Anxiously waiting for replies!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untuchable)
    Hello everyone,

I will finish my psychology BA this year and have applied for Computer Science with and without foundation year.

I'm a Portuguese student and I had maths until my 12 year, pretty much the same level as A levels.

My question is, since I haven't had maths for 3 years, would I do poorly if I went into computer science without foundation?

Anxiously waiting for replies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,
    Seen as no one replied I suppose your best shot would be to email the foundation centre directly. Durham foundation centre also has an unofficial facebook page which is truly helpful as they message you back with whatever query you may have. So I'd message them and ask, heres the fb link: https://www.facebook.com/FoundationCentre?fref=ts

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely email/contact the foundation department as it's a more specific situation question. However I do know the foundation year is used for conversion to new subject areas.

Also its worth noting that it will most likely be more than the maths covered in the course - they cover modules to fully prepare you for the course.

I'm going to do Health & Human Sciences (Anthropology) with foundation and I'll be doing intro to philosophy intro to psychology and a biological/biomedical module in addition to English/Maths/IT/Higher learning prep and the 'actual' anthropological modules.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untuchable)
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you end up contacting them? Or have they not replied yet?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.