3. C
    4. B
    5. B
    6. D
    7. C
    8. C
    9. B
    10. D
    for the ideal gas = question 2, I put B due to that fact that for an ideal gas potential energy is negligable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rejji94)
    for the ideal gas = question 2, I put B due to that fact that for an ideal gas potential energy is negligable?
    I wasn't really sure about that one either, but I'm sure that I read in the textbook the night before that when you heat an ideal gas it's kinetic and potential energy increase. However if I hadn't thought I read that, I definitely would have put that just the kinetic increases.

ReputationRep:
    I just put the kinetic energy increases as the potential energy is considered to be negligible in an ideal gas (but PE increases in a real gas) - so B.

ReputationRep:

I put B too!

ReputationRep:
    FFS If I hadn't read that in the text book I would have put the right answer!

ReputationRep:
    The exam went horrible for me ....the paper was relatively easy but I gave the exam with a high fever ......what did every one draw for the pedulum swing ....shouldn't it be bit out of phase ? Can't move at the same rate as the driver pendulum....also the amplitude should be less...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry it was a typo it was B because ideal gas has no potential energy, you are right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan_moin)
    The exam went horrible for me ....the paper was relatively easy but I gave the exam with a high fever ......what did every one draw for the pedulum swing ....shouldn't it be bit out of phase ? Can't move at the same rate as the driver pendulum....also the amplitude should be less...
    I've seen that experiment done and the two pendulums move in phase. Also I drew a gradually increasing amplitude.

ReputationRep:
    That was such an easy paper, no weird stuff like background microwave radiation causes or things like that, basically just knowing the facts in the book for this one, good thing I learnt the parallax diagram the night before. What did everyone put for the reason there were traces of the radioactive element in the washrooms? I said because when he went to the loo radioactive material came out which has a long half life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vip3rgt9)
    I've seen that experiment done and the two pendulums move in phase. Also I drew a gradually increasing amplitude.
    I'm pretty sure it said that when one of their velocities was a maximum the other was at rest so they couldn't be in phase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwinLo)
    I'm pretty sure it said that when one of their velocities was a maximum the other was at rest so they couldn't be in phase.
    Are you kidding me? I've lost so many marks by not reading the question properly.

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding me? I've lost so many marks by not reading the question properly.
    i can relate.......couldnt understand what the hell the questions asked during the exam lost about 18 marks ....hoping for an A

ReputationRep:
    For the graph, I drew the same graph starting with a small amplitude and increasing it every half oscilation.
    I totally forgot about that . Maybe i'll get one mark, although I doubt it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwinLo)
    That was such an easy paper, no weird stuff like background microwave radiation causes or things like that, basically just knowing the facts in the book for this one, good thing I learnt the parallax diagram the night before. What did everyone put for the reason there were traces of the radioactive element in the washrooms? I said because when he went to the loo radioactive material came out which has a long half life.
    I think that's basically what I said, although I think I said some would be washed off him when he went to the washroom, and because it has quite a long half life, there would still be some left. It seemed a bit stupid when I wrote it though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan_moin)
    Actually it will move at the same rate-I put that the reason amplitude for C was greatest must have been that it matched the natural frequency of C and if that's the case, then it will move at the same rate. Maybe I should have put it as being out of phase but I think it should have the same frequency and lower amplitude. If anyone disagrees completely, please say, however as I only needed a B in physics I'm happy enough anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that was what the question was. So I drew the derivative of the graph shown.

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for 16di and dii for how the graph would change if the gas was replaced by hydrogen and if the temperature was higher?

And what is meant by instantaneous decay and random decay?

ReputationRep:
    del

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel c:))
    Actually it will move at the same rate-I put that the reason amplitude for C was greatest must have been that it matched the natural frequency of C and if that's the case, then it will move at the same rate. Maybe I should have put it as being out of phase but I think it should have the same frequency and lower amplitude. If anyone disagrees completely, please say, however as I only needed a B in physics I'm happy enough anyway!
    Srry I ment same phase ....and yes the rate ( time period ) should be same....

ReputationRep:
    Well that's a relief! Crossed fingers we both have good results!

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.