Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been interviewed for adult nursing at the university of greenwich, medway for the January 2014 intake?

ReputationRep:
    Hi hdelaine2 how did the interview go? What where the question asked for maths and english Pliz help

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I was interviewed back in March and im starting at the uni next month. The interview is pretty standard, if you've worked in care before, you'll be fine. Just be yourself. Before the interview there is a maths and english test that you must pass before the interview. The maths test is fairly basic. Fractions, percentages, decimals etc so brush up on those before you go and the english you write a short essay based on a given care question. If you pass both of those you have a group interview where you need to talk about a given subject for 10 minutes. You then have your one to one interview.
    It sounds quite daunting but don't worry, you'll be fine. Go over policies and recent news stories before you go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, I also find it useful as well. I'll be applying for Adult Nursing next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi helaine2.how many questions was the maths and was it questions and answers

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember how many questions but it took about 30 minutes to complete. It's basic maths. Fractions, percentages etc. You write the answers to the questions showing your working.
    Don't worry too much about it, its fairly simple maths just to establish whether or not you will be able to calculate medication dosage etc when you start the course. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Hi hdelaine would you possibly remember any of the maths questions not necessary exactly but how it is formed. I am very weak at maths and I panic when I get into the test center even if I know the question I end up forgetting to subtract of add to get the final answer. I did This test on 2013 and did not get through and I am trying again which I have been invited for assement on the 22nd January. There was a question about if 300g flour 200g sugar and 4 eggs is required to bake a cake for 4 people how many gramms of flour would be needed to bake for 12 people. It's pretty straight forward but I panic to much. Which is why I am asking of areas to focus on if you can remember any. And they also ask about train times as well. Please help if you can
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdelaine2)
    Hello,
    I was interviewed back in March and im starting at the uni next month. The interview is pretty standard, if you've worked in care before, you'll be fine. Just be yourself. Before the interview there is a maths and english test that you must pass before the interview. The maths test is fairly basic. Fractions, percentages, decimals etc so brush up on those before you go and the english you write a short essay based on a given care question. If you pass both of those you have a group interview where you need to talk about a given subject for 10 minutes. You then have your one to one interview.
    It sounds quite daunting but don't worry, you'll be fine. Go over policies and recent news stories before you go

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much for your help l appreciate that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tina2)
    Thank you very much for your help l appreciate that
    Hello guys!! can u pls help me with the interview questions.. Hat kinnof questions were asked? I would appreciate it a lot if u can help me with this.. Thank u in advance )

ReputationRep:
    how many questions did they have for the maths test

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.