Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Hey I was wondering what everyones personal views are on nudity. I personally am a bit of a nudist, however I dont really practice as I live in a shared student house. However in my own room i am normally naked. I just feel restricted in clothes and like to be at one with my own body. A couple of my friends kind of know but I guess its a strange topic to bring up. One time when we were drunk in the summer everyone just stripped down to where they were comfortable with and just had a good night. In a completely non-sexual way. Although a couple people did go of at stages with each other but that would have happend clothes or no clothes. And then then there has been the obvious skinny dipping etc on holiday. Just generally whats other peoples views on nudity, and experiences? Is there any other closet nudists on the forum? Also girls how would you react to your boyfriends being a nudist?

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind but I'm not comfortable to do it myself.

Would strange to watch TV and then have you hover about with your willy out.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if people see me naked, I don't care if I see them naked.

I'm probably what you'd call a partial closet nudist As I do like to be naked in my own space (freedom etc.), I wouldn't mind if my future boyfriend was a partial nudist too (in his own space, ie at home).
    But when people are nude in a public area, I do feel uncomfortable.
    But yes, I love to be naked, and I'm a girl

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind my boyfriend walking around the house nude. Just as long as he knows the boundaries and doesn't come out nekked while we're having a dinner party or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nah I'm not really into it. When I've got nothing on it feels cold and drafty (draughty?), and sort of vulnerable, as if there's something missing. Also it makes doing everyday stuff like cooking a bit more treacherous as you could splash yourself with hot stuff or drop a knife and cut sensitive parts.

ReputationRep:
    really depends if you're male or female
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I once went to a beach at the western end of Rhodes. It was deserted but not for too long as a group of Scandinavian males pitched up, set up a volleyball net and then stripped off.

Balls of all sizes were flying everywhere!

I couldn't stop laughing.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is overrated. And also a bit nippy most of the year.
    Humans migrated northwards but didn't evolve to be furry. Shame really, If I was furry I would be always naked.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind sitting around in my boxers in the house but I would just feel weird being completely naked, it doesn't seem too hygienic either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    I don't care if people see me naked, I don't care if I see them naked.
    lets meet... my place or yours?

ReputationRep:
    Naa, I just wear clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McFlury)
    I don't mind sitting around in my boxers in the house but I would just feel weird being completely naked, it doesn't seem too hygienic either.

This is like the bull**** argument for circumcision.

Do you not wash? I presume you don't wear gloves all of the time.

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I actually find being wrapped up really comfy. When I'm naked I just feel a bit.. well.... naked. Even in summer when it's hot I will sit with a blanket on me. The only place I like being naked is in bed when I have a nice thick duvet wrapped around me .

Oh and I don't really mind other people's nudity. I'd probably feel a bit uncomfortable if a man was just walking around with his willy in my face though (meaning he's very much in my personal space lol, not literally )

ReputationRep:
    ... Cold.

Nah. I only like being naked when I'm in the bath. Anywhere else and it just feels weird. Plus it's cold, why would I want to sit around freezing :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I personally prefer to be clothed most of the time, I get cold. Although I'm totally fine with being around other people naked in a non-sexual situation. The body shouldn't be seen as something "naughty" to be hidden away, I think this is a major problem with how people raise their children.

I was once getting changed in the gym and some women told me to "Put away those things(breasts), there are children around". I think this is a massively unhealthy attitude. It's also annoying how some people on this thread automatically are relating nudity to sex, grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McFlury)
    I would worry about your personal hygiene if you think that being naked would be some sort of health hazard.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm home alone I'm pretty much always naked
    If there's other people at home then I just feel weird about it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.