Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    HI Mark

    I'm starting Adult Nursing 2013. I will be a mature independant student who lives at home with my partner and 2 children. My partner works and earns £20000 per year.

    Can you please confirm exactly what finance I can apply for.

    I know I can apply for a maintenance loan through SFE, but is there anything else I apply for through there. And is there anything else (other than NHS Bursary) I would be entitled too. It's all so confusing and I'm worried I'll miss something!

    Thanks for listening and for your help

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Becky,

    As you've mentioned you can certainly apply for a reduced rate maintenance loan from SFE.

    The NHS will pay your fees and you'll be able to apply for a non repayable bursary from them. You will really need to check with the NHS bursary service though to find out about any other funding that you might qualify for as we aren't involved in the payment of NHS bursaries.

    Hope this helps,
    • Thread Starter

    Hi Mark

    Thanks that's great - I really just wanted to check that it was only the loan I could apply for from SFE as I am putting my application in this week, so that has clarified things for me.

    Thanks again
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.