Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm having issues remembering facts and figures for case studies, as well as which case study goes with which topic as some of the information is similar. Does anyone have any advice?

Note: I'm doing OCR As level Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeftyGuitarist)
    I'm having issues remembering facts and figures for case studies, as well as which case study goes with which topic as some of the information is similar. Does anyone have any advice?

Try and summarise each case study ruthlessly (only keep facts and short sentences) so you can fit each one to an A4 page/half a page. Then read it for 10 minutes, cover and try and write out all the information for 5 minutes, finally check what you missed for 5 minutes. This little 20 minute routine really helped me to learn a lot of complicated case studies. The key is to cut out all useless information, try and think what the examiner will like to see, no stories or difficult-to-explain facts.

Hope this helped.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to try that, thank you We had a mock today and there was a lot of winging it :P

ReputationRep:
    Case studies are the same whatever you're doing.

Remember the key facts, and remember them in the shortest form possible. you should remember 7 things, including the name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeftyGuitarist)

wow someone actually doing OCR geography!

I made a folder for my case studies, and separated it into human/physical, and then the 4 topics inbetween with dividers. I then typed up a table type thing for each case study (a word doc) all in the exact same format. I used the same layout for all of them and used pictures to make it more interesting. Each separate topic had a colour theme, so the title/bulletpoints/lines etc were orange for energy and green for urban etc.

i found that having all the case studies in the same format made it much easier to remember, and similarly using pictures and colour coding made it much easier for me to remember in the exam. (photographic memory?)

I made the folder throughout the year, so when it came to revision i had a folder i could take around with me like a book, and read through all the case studies, memorising them.

Trust me, it can work

ReputationRep:
    do you guys do italy for a regional inequality case study?? any notes would be appreciated hahah

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys I've discovered colour coding as a way of remembering what to compare to what, and I'm definitely doing better than a couple of people in my class :P

ReputationRep:
    hey there i managed to get an A in my as

best technique is to constantly do questions with case studies and the more you use the case study content the more easier the case study would be to remember, ill attach a few documents on the as case studies that i used

is it the human paper your sitting or the physical one?
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc A-level+case+studies.doc (180.5 KB, 274 views)
  2. File Type: docx ARID REGIONS CASE STUDIES.docx (31.9 KB, 111 views)
  3. File Type: docx COLD REGIONS CASE STUDIES.docx (31.6 KB, 70 views)

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.