Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was looking at the grade boundaries for my unit 1 Geog exam. I saw that the first unit was out of 120UMS and unit 2 out of 80UMS. I was told that all a levels with out of 600UMS. 300 AS and 300 A2. How does this work? And can anyone give me the break down? i.e. UMS needed at the end of AS for an A etc? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tssf_skye)
    Hey, I was looking at the grade boundaries for my unit 1 Geog exam. I saw that the first unit was out of 120UMS and unit 2 out of 80UMS. I was told that all a levels with out of 600UMS. 300 AS and 300 A2. How does this work? And can anyone give me the break down? i.e. UMS needed at the end of AS for an A etc? Thanks
    The old Alevels were out of 600 UMS, the new ones are out of 400. Subjects like Maths and (some?) sciences still use the old system, which causes confusion...

So As is out of 200 UMS - unit 1 is 120 UMS and unit 2 is 80 UMS
    A2 is also out of 200 UMS - unit 3 is 120 UMS and unit 4 is 80 UMS

To here and download the specification for a better explanation - http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce...s/default.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinostephen)
    The old Alevels were out of 600 UMS, the new ones are out of 400. Subjects like Maths and (some?) sciences still use the old system, which causes confusion...

So As is out of 200 UMS - unit 1 is 120 UMS and unit 2 is 80 UMS
    A2 is also out of 200 UMS - unit 3 is 120 UMS and unit 4 is 80 UMS

To here and download the specification for a better explanation - http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce...s/default.aspx
    Ah, I see. Thanks! So, is it 160/200 for an A at the end of AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tssf_skye)
    Ah, I see. Thanks! So, is it 160/200 for an A at the end of AS?
    I believe so, yes.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.