Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello guys, I didn't know where else to post this so I'm posting here.

    Basically, I will have lived in the UK for 10 years by the end of june, and intend to apply for indefinite leave to remain by the end of may as that's when I can apply (to hopefully have it before university starts) But there have been complications.

    My parent's student visa that I was a dependent of ended last november and we are currently waiting on our level 1 entrepreneurship visa. But they have set new rules so that you have to take a test of genuine entrepreneurship and evidence of sufficient funds in our bank for an extended period of time, neither of which I think our family can satisfy.

    So my question is, should this level 1 visa not come through, is there a way for me to live here an extra few months so that I can stay here till I apply for the indefinite leave to remain?

    Also, does the long residence (10 years) only count for continuous residence, so If our visa is rejected and I have to go back to my country (south korea) and come back, do I start all over again?
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.