Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bkrihal)
    Hey guys,
    Sorry if this is similar to a previous post but I basically just got an offer at Beaumont, Block 7, for a standard premium and catered. I applied for self catered because it's a longer contract and I can't work out if it's worth trying to see if there's something else available or just going for it because I do like the halls and suppose it works out better (money wise) but won't it be annoying to have to move out all your stuff every term?

Also is anyone going to get the annual bus ticket or just buy it every time they travel?
    Just about the bus pass, if you're a pretty quick walker, ive heard you can get from student village to campus in 30 mins, and the bus takes 20mins. So personally, I think ima walk every day, except if weathers bad haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Sorry if this is similar to a previous post but I basically just got an offer at Beaumont, Block 7, for a standard premium and catered. I applied for self catered because it's a longer contract and I can't work out if it's worth trying to see if there's something else available or just going for it because I do like the halls and suppose it works out better (money wise) but won't it be annoying to have to move out all your stuff every term?

Also is anyone going to get the annual bus ticket or just buy it every time they travel?
    Speaking of the bus, does anyone know if there is a discount code for it again this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

It does get a little bit annoying but i took it as an opportunity to redecorate my room and to make it different. And like someone says you can always put it in storage, but most stuff you will want to take home for Christmas anyway. So i wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalouisee_)
    Heyy, yeah it is annoying that we have to move everything out at Christmas and easter, but if you've got friend who are in self-catered rooms see if you can put your stuff in their room for the holidays .... and no idea what I'm doing about the bus pass just yet might do it termly but still not sure ...... I got catered also and applied for self-catering but if you look at the positives I'm sure it will be fine! ... More social because you meet more people and you do end up saving money in the long run!
    Yeah I'm hoping it will just work out one way or another seems like a good option to just go for it or I'll go crazy thinking too much! I guess I could see how much I'm spending on travel in a week anyway and if it works out more it might just be worth it? Thanks x

(Original post by Alysha:))
    Just about the bus pass, if you're a pretty quick walker, ive heard you can get from student village to campus in 30 mins, and the bus takes 20mins. So personally, I think ima walk every day, except if weathers bad haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I wouldn't mind walking either but I didn't want to end up being the only one walking along if everyone's taking the bus haha! I hear the weather gets pretty cold up there so I guess I could buy a bus ticket or whatever then. At least I'm not the only one to consider walking! x

(Original post by Hunter_scfc)
    It does get a little bit annoying but i took it as an opportunity to redecorate my room and to make it different. And like someone says you can always put it in storage, but most stuff you will want to take home for Christmas anyway. So i wouldn't worry about it.
    I guess it means I get rid of the rubbish I'll be hoarding over the term, it might be a bit annoying if I wanted to stay an extra week for a quiet place to revise? Hopefully it will just work out in my favour.. might just accept it then! thank you!x

(Sorry about the lengthy post)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm hoping it will just work out one way or another seems like a good option to just go for it or I'll go crazy thinking too much! I guess I could see how much I'm spending on travel in a week anyway and if it works out more it might just be worth it? Thanks x

Oh I wouldn't mind walking either but I didn't want to end up being the only one walking along if everyone's taking the bus haha! I hear the weather gets pretty cold up there so I guess I could buy a bus ticket or whatever then. At least I'm not the only one to consider walking! x

I guess it means I get rid of the rubbish I'll be hoarding over the term, it might be a bit annoying if I wanted to stay an extra week for a quiet place to revise? Hopefully it will just work out in my favour.. might just accept it then! thank you!x

(Sorry about the lengthy post)
    Well I'm from up north so it's generally a little warmer down there! Haha, I like to walk so you'll definitely not be the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm from up north so it's generally a little warmer down there! Haha, I like to walk so you'll definitely not be the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I'm from London! The one time I went that far up there was a blizzard - bad memories... haha!

Have you gone for catered as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipps)
    Speaking of the bus, does anyone know if there is a discount code for it again this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really not sure but I found these:
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/faqs/buses
    http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/landing.aspx?id=1580

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm from London! The one time I went that far up there was a blizzard - bad memories... haha!

Have you gone for catered as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I have, block 5 you? And ohhh hahaha, it's not too bad! I'm in South Yorkshire

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have, block 5 you? And ohhh hahaha, it's not too bad! I'm in South Yorkshire

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh okay, is that ensuite? Block 7! (Once I accept) So I'm guessing you're not too bothered about moving all the stuff at the end of term or anything either?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, is that ensuite? Block 7! (Once I accept) So I'm guessing you're not too bothered about moving all the stuff at the end of term or anything either?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it is and ohh you're in the bigger block then. And I guess it's a pain in the ass but when I visited, the students who took me round said that they didnt always make them move their stuff (I could be wrong though/have misunderstood) and really it's only a couple of hours work:3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is and ohh you're in the bigger block then. And I guess it's a pain in the ass but when I visited, the students who took me round said that they didnt always make them move their stuff (I could be wrong though/have misunderstood) and really it's only a couple of hours work:3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha Is that a good or bad thing? Did you (or anyone) see Beaumont Halls when you visited? Yeah I wouldn't count on that but I guess we'll just see!! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im in block 6 where abouts in south yorkshire?! Im from doncaster!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hart1995)
    Im in block 6 where abouts in south yorkshire?! Im from doncaster!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh I used to live in Bentley in Doncaster when I was younger! I'm in rotherham now, about 20mins away what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha Is that a good or bad thing? Did you (or anyone) see Beaumont Halls when you visited? Yeah I wouldn't count on that but I guess we'll just see!! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We will! And I'd guess so, means you'll meet more people! I saw beaumont, they're pretty decent, and cheap when I compare them to what my friends have!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im in block 6 where abouts in yorkshire you from?? Im from doncaster

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

Like some of you here I was looking into getting a bus pass too, the annual price is quite high to pay in one go, which is the one thing that is putting me off, however I found that the costing would be worth it. If we used the annual bus pass we would be spending about £12 a week (£360/30 weeks uni) but obv it depends on the course you are doing as well.

But lets see.. btw I will be in block 6 like some of you. Only about 5 weeks left till the start, excited to meet everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megatron94)
    Hi there

Like some of you here I was looking into getting a bus pass too, the annual price is quite high to pay in one go, which is the one thing that is putting me off, however I found that the costing would be worth it. If we used the annual bus pass we would be spending about £12 a week (£360/30 weeks uni) but obv it depends on the course you are doing as well.

But lets see.. btw I will be in block 6 like some of you. Only about 5 weeks left till the start, excited to meet everyone
    Yeah i was thinking the same thing! I'm gonna see on average how much I'll be spending and see if theres some kind of discount/termly payment i can do if its more than £10-£12!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hart1995)
    Im in block 6 where abouts in yorkshire you from?? Im from doncaster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm rotherham, 20 mins from Doncaster

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im in Beaumont Hall, Rocklands House.

Firstly is anyone else going there? and if you have lived there whats it like? Is it very sociable? Feels like im the only one in rocklands house.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm rotherham, 20 mins from Doncaster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats so close I live in woodlands haha infact im in bentley right now studying chemistry with forensics, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.