Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Preferably a vegetarian option.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I like chapatti and lentil wraps
    Chapatti are easy to make - wholewheat flour, water and salt, loads of recipes online that will explain it better than me. Then boil lentils (no salt), moosh them up and add seasoning - pesto is really nice but makes it more calorific if you're worried about that, just normal spices work nicely too. The chapattis (or, at least the way I make them...) don't actually wrap up the way a tortilla would, they break, so you can use them as a sort of scoop for the lentils.
    Daal is lovely - BBC Good food has a great recipe
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9...nd-lentil-dahl
    Makes quite a lot and is easy to freeze for later.

ReputationRep:
    Curry with rice (but instead of putting chicken or something in the sauce, put in chickpeas or something)

ReputationRep:
    Blend silken tofu with some milk/soy/rice - whatever you like to make a creamy sauce. Add a vegetable low fat bouillon. Also salt/pepper/parsley or whatever you like
    Then add to that some vegetables -
    I like peas or cauliflower
    Heat all that but do not boil!

Boil some whole wheat/regular pasta or spaghetti

Mix and enjoy

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    crisp sandwiches

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Beans on toast with a dairylea cheese triangle

ReputationRep:
    I make wraps with wholemeal chappatis or tortillas,with butter beans or chickpeas in a tomato sauce, and salad-or with tofu and salsa/tomato sauces. I usually have these as 'brunch' and I'm full until 7pm ish when I cook again.Edited-I forgot to add I put loads of spices into my wraps-not that they help fill you up but they're really tasty, I made them sound a bit bland!I use pesto a lot as well, and roasted stir-fried veggies.

ReputationRep:
    Omlettes are always a good choice, add some peppers and onions to give it a bit of flavour, it's good . I'm about to make macaroni cheese (I've become nocturnal so this is actually an appropriate dinner time) and throw in some vegetables to ward off scurvy. Stir fry is another favourite, I like putting crunchy peanut butter in mine, it tastes amazing :love: Spaghetti bolognese with quorn mince is nice. Risotto fills you up for ages, you can put in anything, takes a while to cook but it's worth it. Curries are always nice too. There's a really good recipe for chicken with peppers, onions and couscous plus a tablespoon of chicken korma sauce, takes no time to make and you could easily swap the chicken for quorn, it's so nice.

ReputationRep:
    healthy? what's healthy food?.....

ReputationRep:
    healthy as in good for you or as in low calorie?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    vegtables

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Beans on toast with a dairylea cheese triangle
    What's healthy about that :confused:

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.