Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Probably put this in the wrong forum but here goes.

I am a beneficiary in my late Grandmother's Will however I cannot access the money. She died around 1994 so a long time ago.
    In her Will she stated that neither myself nor my brother are allowed any of the inheritance until my Mum dies. Harsh, yes. They had a serious argument which although was eventually resolved...the Will was never changed.
    My Uncle is the one currently in charge of keeping hold of the trust, investing the money etc.
    I am now looking to leave home now with my fiance and if I could access the money it would make a huge difference to my life with putting a deposit on a house.

Are there any laws that state a Will becomes void after a certain time frame?

ReputationRep:
    I still can't get over the conditions of the inheritance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    I still can't get over the conditions of the inheritance!
    Tell me about it!

ReputationRep:
    Not really that harsh, you might not of existed when it was written, so they would of just put that it will be passed down in this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    Not really that harsh, you might not of existed when it was written, so they would of just put that it will be passed down in this way.
    I did exist when it was written as it named myself and my brother as beneficiaries. Thanks for your input though.

ReputationRep:
    well technically speaking you can take it to court, i cant remember the precedence for it but its been done many times by people simply being jilted at not being included seeing as you are included it should be far easier for you. could always ask the uncle though seeing as he is the administrator.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.