Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

European Monetary Union without a Banking or Fiscal Union cannot succeed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm a 2nd year Economics undergrad and I have to write a 1,500 word essay for my Financial Economics module on the following question:

"European Monetary Union without a Banking or Fiscal Union cannot succeed". Please critically evaluate this statement.

I pretty much have no idea where to start on this and I would really appreciate any help and guidance

Thank you so much in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heroic sandfly)
    Hello

I'm a 2nd year Economics undergrad and I have to write a 1,500 word essay for my Financial Economics module on the following question:

"European Monetary Union without a Banking or Fiscal Union cannot succeed". Please critically evaluate this statement.

I pretty much have no idea where to start on this and I would really appreciate any help and guidance

Thank you so much in advance.
    1. Do you know how to write an essay?

2. I would start by defining the terms.

3. Then I would give theoretical reasons why those are needed and why not needed.

4. I would give evidence from existing monetary unions.

I would go to the library and find books on this and google it. Knowing how to google is a great skill. And for academic works, google scholar is a beaut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    1. Do you know how to write an essay?

2. I would start by defining the terms.

3. Then I would give theoretical reasons why those are needed and why not needed.

4. I would give evidence from existing monetary unions.

I would go to the library and find books on this and google it. Knowing how to google is a great skill. And for academic works, google scholar is a beaut.
    Thanks. I do know how to write an essay and I've been using google a lot. I was hoping someone could give me some tips on what to write for the actual content. Like which economic concepts are most relevant and some possible reasons why it may or may not succeed for me to look further into.

Thanks again for you input anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heroic sandfly)
    Thanks. I do know how to write an essay and I've been using google a lot. I was hoping someone could give me some tips on what to write for the actual content. Like which economic concepts are most relevant and some possible reasons why it may or may not succeed for me to look further into.

Thanks again for you input anyway.
    That's the reason you need to know how to google, get a quick idea of what a topic is about if you have no or little prior knowledge of it.

Sadly, I don't really know anything about this topic myself, so can't help.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.