Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Travel ideas for a group of 4 lads 22-23 (no maga ibiza etc) Watch

ReputationRep:
    So theres four of us that want to go on holiday this summer, we're all 22+ and have done maga ibiza malia etc past few years and tbh have had enough of the watered down spirits and the 16 year olds running round loopy off of laughing gas lol. So really I need some ideas of other destinations, this is our criteria:

Sun!
    Half decent nightlife (bars, couple clubs whatever)
    Things to do other than drink and sit on a beach

Turkey is a no other than that we're open to wherever really, just looking for a few suggestions

thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about any of the Greek Islands? I've never been to them personally so I can't advise but my cousin had a lovely girls holiday in Kos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllaBella<3)
    Have you thought about any of the Greek Islands? I've never been to them personally so I can't advise but my cousin had a lovely girls holiday in Kos!
    No hadn't thought of there! Sounds like a decent idea think I'll have to look into that cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dm4050)
    No hadn't thought of there! Sounds like a decent idea think I'll have to look into that cheers
    Kos is definitely a great shout, not as crazy as the rest of those other Club 18-30 destinations but as you said for the stuff you're looking for (decent clubs, bars, restaurants etc) then Kos is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    If it's not too far: Bali!

ReputationRep:
    Why not go travelling?

If you go to a beach resort/Greek island at the end of the day you're only going to be drinking and sitting on a beach, with maybe a few watersports thrown in. The only difference to your previous trips will be how much you drink. Whereas a week's backpacking down, say, the Croatian coastline will give you a mix of beaches, islands, cities, mountains...you can stay one night in a party town and the next on a boat out among the islands. You're more likely to meet a better mix of interesting people and have more varied and interesting experiences on the way, with better stories to tell afterwards. Moving from place to place is much more fun and more of an adventure than staying in the same resort for a whole week.

Alternatively, do a mini Interrailing trip somewhere like Spain or Italy- mix a few days on the beach somewhere and a few nights in big cities (which will havefar better nightlife than you get in the tourist resorts.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by standreams)
    Why not go travelling?

If you go to a beach resort/Greek island at the end of the day you're only going to be drinking and sitting on a beach, with maybe a few watersports thrown in. The only difference to your previous trips will be how much you drink. Whereas a week's backpacking down, say, the Croatian coastline will give you a mix of beaches, islands, cities, mountains...you can stay one night in a party town and the next on a boat out among the islands. You're more likely to meet a better mix of interesting people and have more varied and interesting experiences on the way, with better stories to tell afterwards. Moving from place to place is much more fun and more of an adventure than staying in the same resort for a whole week.

Alternatively, do a mini Interrailing trip somewhere like Spain or Italy- mix a few days on the beach somewhere and a few nights in big cities (which will havefar better nightlife than you get in the tourist resorts.)
    Problem with b-packing is that it's so darned tiring. Whereas at uni my main focus of going abroad would be to move around, take in local culture and customs, and then relax after returning home, now I work and have all of twenty days paid leave I just need somewhere to chill out. This is TSR so it's going to be mostly students with lots of time giving advice, but personally on holiday now I just need to kick back and relax, and if I don't move for a week, so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Problem with b-packing is that it's so darned tiring. Whereas at uni my main focus of going abroad would be to move around, take in local culture and customs, and then relax after returning home, now I work and have all of twenty days paid leave I just need somewhere to chill out. This is TSR so it's going to be mostly students with lots of time giving advice, but personally on holiday now I just need to kick back and relax, and if I don't move for a week, so be it.
    The OP seemed to give the impression he wanted to avoid spending all his time drinking and on the beach- at the end of the day, any beach resort is going to offer much the same kind of thing- the only difference is going to be how crazy the nightlife is. I agree though that backpacking can be tiring, it depends how much you move and how much ground you cover (a week split between 2/3 destinations shouldn't be too much).

I've been in full time work for almost 4 years, in that time while I've had one or two perfectly enjoyable 'sit on the beach and do nothing' holidays (visiting family who live abroad), the majority of my trips have been spent backpacking. I find it an excellent way to de-stress and get out of the 9-5 routine, while it can be knackering it also recharges the batteries in a way a week sunning myself simply doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you go travelling around Spain? You could go have a couple of days in Marbella/Costas then you could sightsee in Barcelona/Madrid/Valencia , and they all have a nightlife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    I heard that in Amsterdam, that can easily be arranged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dm4050)
    So theres four of us that want to go on holiday this summer, we're all 22+ and have done maga ibiza malia etc past few years and tbh have had enough of the watered down spirits and the 16 year olds running round loopy off of laughing gas lol. So really I need some ideas of other destinations, this is our criteria:

Sun!
    Half decent nightlife (bars, couple clubs whatever)
    Things to do other than drink and sit on a beach

Turkey is a no other than that we're open to wherever really, just looking for a few suggestions

thanks!!
    Croatia is supposed to be pretty good! Ultra Europe music festival is there this year if thats what your into and its just started being advertised with 18-30 so its still new without having the young crowd im guessing

ReputationRep:
    Think of East Africa, Great lifetime safaris, discover and experience the 8th wonder of the world in Kenya and Tanzania( wildebeest migration) Summer is the best time to Experience East Africas wonderful weather. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    What about a festival like Benicassim in Spain?

ReputationRep:
    What about Florida ? You can get 2 weeks in the orlando area for £500/600 and food/drink is still fairly cheap even though the Dollar is nothing like the 2 dollar pound when i went in 2000....

Me and my friends are hoping to go next year....£600 holiday and £800 spending money for the 2 weeks with any luck should be a go-er....Either that or a 5 star 2 week holiday all inclusive somewhere tropical AND a week in a tacky brits abroad type place !!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.