Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Theres an open day 8th June x

ReputationRep:
    I know but I have to accept my offer by the 6th June x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UWE uses blended learning so you should expect that some study is self directed. How can one learn to be an advanced Mental Health Nurse if one has been spoon fed through the degree?

Why is writing essays during placement an issue? Many people throughout the world (including me) study through distance learning - I have studied 16 hours per week on top of a 40 hour per week job.

And being able to relate to others with different roles is essential as a nurse. Prior to 2008 Interprofessional Practice modules were introduced in all years, not just 2nd and 3rd year.

I guess the quality of the experience depends heavily on your expectations.

(Sorry if I appear harsh, I dont mean to be!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leyshon20042000)
    Im actually concerned that Im nearly qualified though UWE yet the standard of education there is appalling. Placements are awesome but youll get that anywhere. Uwe have modules that you have to pass a mcq exam at 70 odd percent on things like wound care BEFORE they will teach you anything and then the standard is awful. They also have two modules called Interprofessional modules that students have complained about since 2008 where they don't teach anything and expect you to produce an essay through debating with other students. there is little thought put into work load for example being on placement with three essays due shortly after then no academic work for six months when you dont have placement.. seriously look at other unis before considering this pile of poop of a uni
    Really gutted now, the interview and course seemed far better than the welsh ones, cardiff only rely on reputation and dont show support for their students. Uni of glamorgan were not much better either. I just hope I have a better experience, really cant wait to start and look forward to all the others on my course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'll be there

ReputationRep:
    I'm going! (well hopefully, I still need to get the grades.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanLouisee)
    I'm going! (well hopefully, I still need to get the grades.)
    Hi HanLouisee :-) see you in September!

ReputationRep:
    have you all got your accommodation offer through?! I'm at Glenside in Chestnut flat 22!

ReputationRep:
    Ive had my offer for accommodation. Will let you know where I am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im flat 60 walnut house glenside

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Come and join our cohort facebook group!

UWE Mental Health Nursing 2013-2016

https://www.facebook.com/groups/115938971908362/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey !
    Is anyone going to be studying mental health nursing sep 13 at gloucester UWE campus? x

ReputationRep:
    I am! Staying at glenside campus uwe!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in sycamore house, flat 53?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllaChelsey)
    I am! Staying at glenside campus uwe!
    aw are you! I cant find anybody studying at Gloucester campus

so did you do A levels and waiting for results for uni!? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllaChelsey)
    Anyone in sycamore house, flat 53?
    where is that and what uni? x

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.