Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just asking as a curious prospective law student

Was wondering what area of law most people at your university want to work in. I can guess criminal and corporate law are very attractive(?).

What about other areas of law? Environmental? Tax? Media? Human Rights? Family?

Just asking out of mere curiosity!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alleykat606)
    Just asking as a curious prospective law student

Was wondering what area of law most people at your university want to work in. I can guess criminal and corporate law are very attractive(?).

What about other areas of law? Environmental? Tax? Media? Human Rights? Family?

Just asking out of mere curiosity!
    Criminal?! Nah the pay's dire, most people want to do corporate/commercial of some kind.

Within that people aren't necessarily set on particular areas other than maybe corporate or finance generally.

Quite a few fancy a more mixed TC (including me incidentally) with some corporate/commercial but also private client, employment, PI and so on.

Most people aren't particularly set on say real estate litigation, which seems sensible given we've not actually experienced anything for real yet.

Media and IP are areas that are kind of in vogue atm, environmental maybe but generally you're acting in favour of bulldozing a wildlife filled marsh or something rather than against it, so it's not particularly appealing to those with an interest in saving the environment.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I quite fancy litigation and private client. Local to me crime and corporate are the areas people want to be in but realistically most will end up dealing with a variety of different areas.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.