Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Felling Like A Stalker Watch

Last year while I was in year 13, I got really close with a guy in year 13.
    It started off with just him helping me with revision but after a sixth form trip to Berlin we got quite close and used to talk all the time over bbm and twitter and I developed feeling for him.
    Over the summer after he left, we were at a mutual friends party and after drinking a bit, I found the courage to tell him how I felt as I thought I would never see him again.
    The next day we had a really emotional long conversation and he said he didn't want to start a new relationship as he was heading off to uni. Things got strange between us but we continued chatting, I thought it was best to tell him I no longer had feelings for him as I missed our friendship.
    We got really close as friends again and when I was picking universities her recommended his one. I applied there as my course was great and thought there was no chance of getting accepted - But I did. I really like it there & I have now put it as my firm.
    Me and the guy still talk but I get the feeling that I am interrupting his uni life.
    I saw him today at my sixth form but avoided him - but it brought back old thoughts and feelings.
    I'm feeling confused as he recommended that I apply to his uni & worried that it may awkward next year.
    HELPPP - am I a stalker?

ReputationRep:
    As long as you know that had he not applied to this uni you would have still applied, you should stop fretting. You've said that your course is great there and you really like it. Has he said or done anything to imply that he thinks you are a stalker? Remember that you have just as much a right to go there as him. Chances are you will go to uni and meet someone there who you will like even more.

(Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    As long as you know that had he not applied to this uni you would have still applied, you should stop fretting. You've said that your course is great there and you really like it. Has he said or done anything to imply that he thinks you are a stalker? Remember that you have just as much a right to go there as him. Chances are you will go to uni and meet someone there who you will like even more.
    I would have applied there anyway, it was just his recommendation that brought it to my attention. Just recently when we talk, it seems like I am bothering him which makes me wondering if I'm forcing it. Anothe one of my friends applied there too & he seemed really enthusiastic about her going there compared to me.
    I just miss our friendship I think.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.