37.23%
    Both: but nature contributes more
    11.68%
    It is too hard to tell
    6.57%

ReputationRep:
    Man or nature?

ReputationRep:
    Who knows? You cannot effectively measure nature, its the most random thing in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Man or nature?
    Ed Milliband -the amount of hot air that guy releases can't be doing too much good lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Ed Milliband -the amount of hot air that guy releases can't be doing too much good lol!
    Haha! Or his temper tantrums.

Along with Tony Blair, we should shoot them.

ReputationRep:
    Its those damn koreans

ReputationRep:
    HAARP -high altitude auroral research project based in Alaska, used for causing tsunamis, earthquakes etc. across the globe aswell as the chemtrails project

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Haha! Or his temper tantrums.

Along with Tony Blair, we should shoot them.
    John O' Farrell wishes Thatcher had died - RIGHT WING ARE OUTRAGED!
    Wanting to shoot Tony Blair and Ed Milliband - not a problem!

(Original post by haroon77)
    HAARP -high altitude auroral research project based in Alaska, used for causing tsunamis, earthquakes etc. across the globe aswell as the chemtrails project
    do you have your tin-foil hat on?

ReputationRep:
    Nature created us, who (probably) created climate change. So it's sort of natures fault in a round about way.
    Obviously records show that the climate has changed a lot in the past in earths history, but i think in this instance it is likely due to our burning of fossil fuels that has caused the recent global warming.

ReputationRep:
    just check the net if you don't believe me and don't be disrespectful

ReputationRep:
    just check the net if you don't believe me and don't be disrespectful
    I've checked it out enough thanks. One day I hope you'll grow up.

ReputationRep:
    "Climate change" is a bit ambiguous, but if you're talking about the recent (and forecasted) steep rises in global temperature, then the IPCC have stated that they're basically 99% sure recent warming cannot be attributed to natural factors; the change is much too swift. So one would assume it was man (although, natural feedback mechanisms are exacerbating warming, but these wouldn't have occured if we weren't emitting so much CO2 in the first place...)

ReputationRep:
    im not joking

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm.....some people have made lots of money out of it

ReputationRep:
    Any contribution from nature to climate change could be construed as being a result of man's interference with naturally occurring processes. i.e high amounts of methane produced by cows can be attributed to the farming industry, as devised by man. The release of other such pollutants into the atmosphere as an indirect result of man's effect in local environments, such as the melting of permafrost in the arctic that could release huge amounts of carbon dioxide.

The problem isn't so much that it is impossible to measure nature as a probable cause for climate change, but rather the argument proposed here is rather problematic, since you would first need to scrutinise and define what is solely a man-made cause and what is solely a natural cause.

In my opinion, I think you would find that a lot of causes can be traced back to being triggered, or at least antagonised, by man. But then again, it is known that nature has it's own natural processes for regulating the climate and there is evidence (such as ice ages) that has shown that the climate has changed dramatically out of it's own behaviour. However, I do feel that the climate as it is now has been affected heavily by man.

ReputationRep:
    Nature has trees and plants that we cut down. Every minute an area the size of 2 football fields in the Amazon gets cut down an the Amazon makes up 70% of rainforests and produces the most O2 in the world. Methane from cows is barely anything compared to what man does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    Nature has trees and plants that we cut down. Every minute an area the size of 2 football fields in the Amazon gets cut down an the Amazon makes up 70% of rainforests and produces the most O2 in the world. Methane from cows is barely anything compared to what man does.
    That "fact" has been going on since the 1990s, and by going on by your "fact" we should have no Amazon rainforest left by now, which is not the case.

In answer to the OP, climate change is undoubtably a natural occurrence, pure and simple. However, if you are referring to anthropogenic global warming then this of course is mostly caused by human. However, again the extent of the amount of affect humans actually have on anthropogenic global warming is debateable.

ReputationRep:
    Fox news. All that hot air must go somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    women

ReputationRep:
    Claimit change doesn't exist.

Next!

ReputationRep:
    The Polish.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.