Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Want more girl freinds in our freindship group ? Watch

Hey girls and guys , im posting to gain some insight and opinions into how you guys have gone about getting girls in your freindship group or how you girls would react to various situations.

Im currently in AS and attend college . I chill with about 5 other guys in my breaks , one guy went to my secondary school (which was a boys school) and the rest are various other guys who share hobbies / mindsets etc (nothing special , we watch football , smoke weed every now and then etc) and we all gel really well.

We are all really good friends and tbh we are happy with our freindship group as it is , but we do however feel like we could do with some girls in our friendship group or girlfriends. We do talk to girls in our classes but we dont have any in our friendship group , who we actually chill with outside college aswell.

I realize its very late in the year to finally be coming to this conclusion and also that earlier in the year was the prime time to be making new freinds but at that given time I hadn't even found my current freinds yet , my freinds at that time were content with sitting on a solitary bench whereas everyone else was in the canteen.

Is it possible for us to try and make new girl friends at this given time ? We currently try and dare each other to go and speak to random girls around the college ( there are about 3000 students in total at my college) in the canteen and stuff but at this current moment we are going through a dry spell.

Girls who are in college now , what would your reaction be if a random dude came up to you and started talking about random stuff ?

Guys . do you have any tips or ideas that could possibly help out the situation ?

ReputationRep:
    It's never too late to make friends.

If you want to be friends with girls, talk to girls.

It's really that simple.

ReputationRep:
    only talk to them if the opportunity arises not just randomly out of the blue. Can't u just ask the girls u speak to in college what they're doing over the weekend then tell them u're having folk round to chill if they want to come or ask them if they want to go to some nightclub over the weekend. Don't badger them though if they don't want to.

(Original post by concubine)
    It's never too late to make friends.

If you want to be friends with girls, talk to girls.

It's really that simple.
    Hello cute blonde girl , do you want to be my freind ? No its not as simple as that .

Obviously talking to girls is the only way , thanks for stating the obvious . Maybe I didnt mention it in the OP but im looking for actual advise / techniques as to how to actually make them want to be freinds with me / who ever approaches them because being a freind is a two way thing .

Some people are naturally pros at making friends , im not really like that . Im also not that much of a pro when it comes to speaking to girls , I went to a boys school and it didnt really help , (though im not the type to blame things)

ReputationRep:
    Talk to some of the girls in your classes and then if you feel like you get on well with them, ask them if they want to come and hang out with you at lunch or between lessons or whatever and introduce them to your friends. I appreciate that this is a bit difficult but that's the only way I made new friends at college other than through my existing friends, who were better at meeting new people than me.

(Original post by sausageez)
    only talk to them if the opportunity arises not just randomly out of the blue. Can't u just ask the girls u speak to in college what they're doing over the weekend then tell them u're having folk round to chill if they want to come or ask them if they want to go to some nightclub over the weekend. Don't badger them though if they don't want to.
    Thats the thing though , not that many oppurtunites arise maybe being a group of guys is a little bit off putting.

I dont speak to that many girls and the ones I do talk to have their own designated cliques / groups that they chill with at lunch so its not that easy to just say do you want to come and chill with me .

So your basically saying don't talk to girls unless they want to talk to you ? How else am I meant to make NEW friends ? if I think like that then im going to live a pretty solitary life.

ReputationRep:
    The way that a girl entered my friendship group is that she started dating one of my 'friends'. Then they broke up a few months ago, and that friend's kind of wondered off, but we still have her and she will be our squishy forever.

(Original post by milkytea)
    Talk to some of the girls in your classes and then if you feel like you get on well with them, ask them if they want to come and hang out with you at lunch or between lessons or whatever and introduce them to your friends. I appreciate that this is a bit difficult but that's the only way I made new friends at college other than through my existing friends, who were better at meeting new people than me.
    One of the reasons ive been emphasizing the need to make new freinds is because my classes dont really offer that great a chance to make freinds , in some of my classes all the girls chill together and gossip alot and it would be hard for me to move seat because there is basically an invisble seating plan and I have few girls of interest next to me.

In some of my other classes there isnt really that much of an oppurtunity to talk so I cant get to know girls well enough etc .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thats the thing though , not that many oppurtunites arise maybe being a group of guys is a little bit off putting.

I dont speak to that many girls and the ones I do talk to have their own designated cliques / groups that they chill with at lunch so its not that easy to just say do you want to come and chill with me .

So your basically saying don't talk to girls unless they want to talk to you ? How else am I meant to make NEW friends ? if I think like that then im going to live a pretty solitary life.
    i dunno what u'd do then, invite the few girls u talk to out and they may bring their friends..?
    no, i'm saying don't force a conversation on a girl if she's giving signs that she wants u to go away, it's awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Have an actual conversation with them. not just " hi, you alright?" --> go back to your friends.
    Talk to them/sit next to them when you'd usually sit with your mates. Ask them for help in lessons. Have a laugh. Ask them if them and their friends want to join you for lunch. Go work with them in the library. Eventually you can do stuff outside of college with them. It's never too late to make friends.
    But you don't want to go up to every girl around and make friends with them. I think people would be put off and think you're just another " lady's man".

ReputationRep:
    If you want more girl friends in your group then she'll have to be unattractive otherwise you and all your mates will be fawning over her.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.therulesrevisited.com/201...out-right.html

(Original post by igloo1)
    Have an actual conversation with them. not just " hi, you alright?" --> go back to your friends.
    Talk to them/sit next to them when you'd usually sit with your mates. Ask them for help in lessons. Have a laugh. Ask them if them and their friends want to join you for lunch. Go work with them in the library. Eventually you can do stuff outside of college with them. It's never too late to make friends.
    But you don't want to go up to every girl around and make friends with them. I think people would be put off and think you're just another " lady's man".
    Thanks , I think this is a good bit of advise . Ill have to try this out on some girls in some of my classes . I

The thing which I don't understand though is there seems to be a large number of groups of people who chill together even when they aren't in the same lessons , maybe they just made lots of friends within the first few weeks .

(Original post by MancBoy)
    If you want more girl friends in your group then shell have to be unattractive otherwise you and all your mates will be fawning over her.
    That would mean being an attractive girls would mean having no guy friends whatsoever . This is wrong , its possible to simply want to be freinds with a hot girl you know .

(Original post by sausageez)
    i dunno what u'd do then, invite the few girls u talk to out and they may bring their friends..?
    no, i'm saying don't force a conversation on a girl if she's giving signs that she wants u to go away, it's awkward.
    Ok , you seem hung up on me working with what I have rather than expanding to new girls .The thing is I have very little to work with and would rather try and meet new people.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks , I think this is a good bit of advise . Ill have to try this out on some girls in some of my classes . I

The thing which I don't understand though is there seems to be a large number of groups of people who chill together even when they aren't in the same lessons , maybe they just made lots of friends within the first few weeks .
    That's exactly what's happened!
    Good luck!

Ok , you seem hung up on me working with what I have rather than expanding to new girls .The thing is I have very little to work with and would rather try and meet new people.
    *friends not freinds

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.