Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I did my unit 1 last year and got a D, did my re sit in January actually knew how to structure my answers and got an A, so I thought i'd share with you the exam technique. Also revise the multiple choice as there are lots of repeats and it is the harder of the two multiple choices. This is for anyone resitting or doing the exam in January.

5 marker - standard definition.

8 marker - two points, compare, use date calculate changes, use correct units ($,£ etc) don't just data trawl.

12 marker - It is pretty much always the demand/supply curve draw that adding all the correct labels, draw the shift that it tells you about. Then just describe the change, say why it happens and use the data in the text to back it up.

25 marker - Start with a definition from the question. Get TWO government interventions, write about each one (a side on each) evaluate extensively using all the data in the text, use real examples of where this has worked, question the policy, why it might not work.Use diagrams where necessary. Do the same for the second point. Conclude by saying which intervention you would choose, why or even say that you wouldn't use an intervention and instead leave it to market forces (as previously intervention has not worked and lead to gov failure.)

This won't be helpful to everybody, but a lot of people (like me first time round) over complicate the exam and end up listing points, whatever you do don't list, choose two or three points and evaluate lots!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Don.)
    Hi all,

I did my unit 1 last year and got a D, did my re sit in January actually knew how to structure my answers and got an A, so I thought i'd share with you the exam technique. Also revise the multiple choice as there are lots of repeats and it is the harder of the two multiple choices. This is for anyone resitting or doing the exam in January.

5 marker - standard definition.

8 marker - two points, compare, use date calculate changes, use correct units ($,£ etc) don't just data trawl.

12 marker - It is pretty much always the demand/supply curve draw that adding all the correct labels, draw the shift that it tells you about. Then just describe the change, say why it happens and use the data in the text to back it up.

25 marker - Start with a definition from the question. Get TWO government interventions, write about each one (a side on each) evaluate extensively using all the data in the text, use real examples of where this has worked, question the policy, why it might not work.Use diagrams where necessary. Do the same for the second point. Conclude by saying which intervention you would choose, why or even say that you wouldn't use an intervention and instead leave it to market forces (as previously intervention has not worked and lead to gov failure.)

This won't be helpful to everybody, but a lot of people (like me first time round) over complicate the exam and end up listing points, whatever you do don't list, choose two or three points and evaluate lots!
    What do you mean 2 government interventions? : $

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theseeker)
    What do you mean 2 government interventions? : $
    Governments could intervene in various ways for various different scenarios:

Unit 1 for example:
    Buffer stock scheme, subsidies, tax breaks, not intervening at all and leaving to market forces (that counts as a type of intervention)

Unit 2 for example:
    Fiscal, monetary, supply side policy

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.