Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

My university course is? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey people!
    I have been trying to find the correct university degree for me. I am
    interested in maths , engineering, computing and a tiny bit of
    physics. I have came across mathematical engineering and general
    engineering (which are the same thing?).
    I would also say mechanical engineering but i heard it involves a lot of physics? By the time i finish a-levels i should have around AAA if that helps
    (further-maths, maths mechanics and physics) + an as in economics
    which is probably going to be an C. So if there are any suggestions
    on the type of degree that involves the subject i like please let me
    know it would be very helpful. (More maths and engineeing than computing) computing = a bit of programming?

ReputationRep:
    Only you'll know what you want to do! Look at different course online, or go on those sites where you type in what you're interested in and stuff. Then make a rough guide of the sort of degree you'd want to do, and go to those events you'll most likely have at the end of the year (I think in my AS year it was around June I had to go to them) where some lecturers come in from unis and talk about what they teach.

I went to loads (reluctantly) that were only remotely similar to the degree I knew I wanted to do, and I ended up changing my mind about what I originally thought I wanted!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and by the end of your AS year you'll know exactly what you want to do. I wasn't entirely sure but by June I was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonyeric33)
    Hey people!
    I have been trying to find the correct university degree for me. I am
    interested in maths , engineering, computing and a tiny bit of
    physics. I have came across mathematical engineering and general
    engineering (which are the same thing?).
    I would also say mechanical engineering but i heard it involves a lot of physics? By the time i finish a-levels i should have around AAA if that helps
    (further-maths, maths mechanics and physics) + an as in economics
    which is probably going to be an C. So if there are any suggestions
    on the type of degree that involves the subject i like please let me
    know it would be very helpful. (More maths and engineeing than computing) computing = a bit of programming?
    Computer science maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Computer science maybe?
    Ty for your idea, i could do an mathematical and computer science course

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.