Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Hi, I go to school and get on with everyone in my year and others too and often have a good laugh with them too inside school with them alongside helping them. The only problem is that I am FAR too shy to even think of going out with them outside of school as firstly I don't have the courage to get closes enough to them to be with them outside of school (ie I don't swap phone numbers although we are friends on Facebook) and secondly I certainly don't have the courage to do some of the things they do outside of school eg. Go out at nights. As a result, all I really do outside of School is homework, TSR and watch sport on my own. Please give me some advice!

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound stupid, but I was like that around about a year or two ago. Isn't there anyone in your school who like the things that you like, not necessarily going out getting pissed on the weekends but staying in doing stuff. What do you enjoy doing?

ReputationRep:
    I don't there's any immediate solution other than biting the bullet and going out with them just to try it out. Could you be more specific? Like do you feel excluded from these after school events or do they offer you to come with them and you choose not to?

ReputationRep:
    What year are you in?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.