Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Very painful scar.. Watch

Anonymous because its personal and I'm self conscious over it.

I had two operations on my stomach in the same place, they closed the scar the first time - they had to go back in through the same scar the second time.

I went for my out-patient appointment and the doctor told me the scar was a keloid and gave me some steroid tape to put over my scar, I've been using it for 7 months. There is no change, the scar still looks awful and is so painful. Its positioned where the waist of my clothes would rub on it, I've avoided wearing clothes that would irritate it but it is practically impossible and the pain is so annoying, like a severely itchy, sharp stinging pain constantly and it physically makes me say "ouch".

I'm still using the tape, I've used creams and body butter too (to try and help it fade) but nothing is working. The pain is more of a concern rather than the way it looks, does anyone know how I can stop it hurting?

ReputationRep:
    I would ask for a second opinion and keloid scars can be treated using a variety of different means - injections of steroids, surgical excision and such like. Get a different doctor to look at it and explain that you have been coping with this for an extensive period of time and they should do something about it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.