The Student Room Group

Women - what do you like to see men wearing?

Scroll to see replies

Your confidence.

Let's face it, I've said this time and time again on this forum, but different people look good in different things. I don't like vans or skinny jeans and won't be seen dead in them as they don't suit me, but other posters like them. I personally prefer to avoid t-shirts now as well, as they don't really suit me any more. Clothes alone don't get the love hearts in the eyes going in women, trust me.

Seriously not a good idea to base your dress sense purely on others' advice. If you take just a few minutes each day thinking what to wear, you'll have tons more wisdom on your own dress sense than any girl will ever have in passing.
(edited 10 years ago)
Jeans and hoodies. I like my men casual and relaxed. Not a guy who stinks of aftershave, is wearing jeans tighter than me and has half a kg of gel in his hair and not looking like they've spent three hours in the bathroom. There's only room for one tart in my relationships and if its' him, then we have issues. Don't get me wrong, a guy should take pride in his hygiene and appearance but not act like a woman about it. 10 minutes in the bathroom is all it takes.
Reply 122
now suits are the men thing. every men gets its grace by wearing suit.
Wearing a white shirt with their sleeves slightly rolled up... Lol is that weird?
Reply 124
To be quite honest, most types of clothing can be hot on a guy if he can wear it well. I think feeling comfortable in your clothes is the most important thing - you can put a guy in a plain white T-shirt next to a guy in a suit, but if the T-shirt guy seems more comfortable and confident, I'll probably like him more than the suit guy.
I'm quite partial to fitted suits and rolled-up sleeves though. :colondollar: Oh and V-necks, but not too deep.

Original post by Maishaashraf
Wearing a white shirt with their sleeves slightly rolled up... Lol is that weird?

Nope! I get you. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 125
Original post by echelon_m
To be quite honest, most types of clothing can be hot on a guy if he can wear it well. I think feeling comfortable in your clothes is the most important thing - you can put a guy in a plain white T-shirt next to a guy in a suit, but if the T-shirt guy seems more comfortable and confident, I'll probably like him more than the suit guy.
I'm quite partial to fitted suits and rolled-up sleeves though. :colondollar: Oh and V-necks, but not too deep.

Nope! I get you. :smile:

i totally agree with you..
I think I'll buy a suit. ...
Original post by Jsee
So, what kind of shirts/ t-shirts, colours, anything. What would be some ideal things you'd like to see a guy wearing?

Why don't you just wear what you want and stop being a beta trying to please women with everything you do? Women aren't attracted to what you wear they are attracted to you looking confident in what you wear. If you wear a suit and you look like your dad forced you to wear it that's not gonna get you many girls. Conversely of you wear some out there goth/emo outfit but act alpha in it then girls will be all over it.

Quick Reply