Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Ireceived my first draft from my teacher about two weeks ago and out of 40 I only got 16. I know that the work was my ‘first draft’ but it’s been really disheartening to basically get told my work what I put a lot of effort into is a piece of rubbish. I’m pushing for an A as last year I got a high B and need the ‘A’ if I realistically want to get into my first choice University; I have never really had a problem with coursework before, has anyone got any tips on how to write a good introduction? I also need tips on structure, my teacher has just basically given me some advice but more would be helpful. The question I’ have chosen is ‘how is the institution of marriage explored’ and the three texts are ‘The Awakening’, ‘A Room with a View’ and ‘The Miller’s Tale.’ Any help would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    How has he/she marked it? Where did you lose your points? Have you used (or been told to use) a citation system such as Chicago or MLA?

Don't be disheartened. Nobody gets everything right the first time around.

Do you have a marking scheme to use for reference?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply

Basically just Assessment Objectives, I'm re-writing my coursework at the moment just trying to stick to them.

She basically said it was a good piece of writing but to 'play the game' by constantly hitting the assessment objectives, which I sometimes find difficult to do when I just waffle on.

I find it robotic at times to constantly use the assessment objectives but I suppose it has to be done if I wish to get into University

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.