Devastated. Barber found a grey hair. Watch

Jack the hat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know I'm posting this on a forum with the most amount of immature people, but, I'm gutted and not sure what to do. When the barber was cutting my hair, he found a couple of greys hair. I'm 18. I don't want grey hairs this young, so to be blunt, WHAT THE HELL DO I DO I DONT WANT ****ING GREY HAIRS AT THIS AGE, IM ****ING SCARED OUT OF MY MIND, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sarahthegemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Erm, dye it? :erm:
Jack the hat
Rep:
?
No, because it was only a couple of hairs, my parents have had a look and they can't find it? I think it has been cut off. I'm quite worried about it. Anyway, how long does dying your hair have effect for? But, yeah it's a bit bleak starting to go grey at my age/ if anyone thinks I'm overreacting, then I'm sorry, but, I might be in shock or something...........
llessur123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why care? It happens to everyone at some stage. Just get it dyed by a decent hairdresser if it really bothers you. It could be worse, you could be going bald, imagine how that would feel.
Architecture-er
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got my first grey hair ~19, now I have maybe 10-15 scattered across the top of my head?

It's fine, I know I won't go bald, grey hair isn't so bad, in my opinion.
TheGalwayGirl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by llessur123)
Why care? It happens to everyone at some stage. Just get it dyed by a decent hairdresser if it really bothers you. It could be worse, you could be going bald, imagine how that would feel.
18? Lucky, I found my first when I was 14, if you're really bothered dye it or pull out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jack the hat
Rep:
?
Yeah, that would be worse, it happened to my grandfather at 22, so I know where your coming from. But, it still hurts and it's not the worst thing in the world, but, it sucks y'know? How long does it take for dye to wear out? And I'm not sure if I should dye it as the grey hair got cut off? I think. I didn't actually see the grey hairs myself, but, the barber did. I have looked for it since and can't see any? But, it hurts that it would happen when I am young and want to be young.
Jack the hat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Architecture-er)
I got my first grey hair ~19, now I have maybe 10-15 scattered across the top of my head?

Oh god.

(Original post by kath_igidbashian)
18? Lucky, I found my first when I was 14, if you're really bothered dye it or pull out

Posted from TSR Mobile
14? :0 It would be so embarrassing if someone saw one of the grey hairs!
Architecture-er
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jack the hat)
Oh god.
I don't get why you're so upset anyway.. you are, after all, Jack the hat
rayjay2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know I'm posting this on a forum with the most amount of immature people, but, I'm gutted and not sure what to do. When the barber was cutting my hair, he found a couple of greys hair. I'm 18. I don't want grey hairs this young, so to be blunt, WHAT THE HELL DO I DO I DONT WANT ****ING GREY HAIRS AT THIS AGE, IM ****ING SCARED OUT OF MY MIND, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude dont worry, its only a few, and yeah my little brother found 2 and hes 15 so that sucks, but just dont stress about it, and i heard dying your hair gives you white hairs, not sure if its true but ive heard it from alot of girls etc so check that up before

Posted from TSR Mobile
llessur123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, that would be worse, it happened to my grandfather at 22, so I know where your coming from. But, it still hurts and it's not the worst thing in the world, but, it sucks y'know? How long does it take for dye to wear out? And I'm not sure if I should dye it as the grey hair got cut off? I think. I didn't actually see the grey hairs myself, but, the barber did. I have looked for it since and can't see any? But, it hurts that it would happen when I am young and want to be young.
Don't get it dyed yet. If you only have a couple now then it will probably be about 10 years or so before it begins to become obvious. We have too many hairs on our head for one to make a difference.

I have found a few, and so have most of my friends. It's not uncommon to have a couple of grey hairs!
Jack the hat
Rep:
?
I don't get why you're so upset anyway.. you are, after all, Jack the hat
lol, no 'jack the hat' is a tv character, but, I guess I could get a hat. I guess.
(Original post by rayjay2)
Dude dont worry, its only a few, and yeah my little brother found 2 and hes 15 so that sucks, but just dont stress about it, and i heard dying your hair gives you white hairs, not sure if its true but ive heard it from alot of girls etc so check that up before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I've been more stressed and depressed than ever before in my life these past two, (suicidal thoughts, etc) three months?
ProcrastinatePro
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol? I'm 18 and I noticed a few like a year ago, honestly I haven't seen anymore since and I really couldn't care less because you cannot notice them. Chill out
Jack the hat
Rep:
?
Don't get it dyed yet. If you only have a couple now then it will probably be about 10 years or so before it begins to become obvious. We have too many hairs on our head for one to make a difference.

I have found a few, and so have most of my friends. It's not uncommon to have a couple of grey hairs!
God, I hope so. I can't believe I'm compromising to get grey hairs at 28? depressing. Is there anything I can do to completely get rid of grey hairs for a long time?
rayjay2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
lol, no 'jack the hat' is a tv character, but, I guess I could get a hat. I guess.

Yeah, I've been more stressed and depressed than ever before in my life these past two, (suicidal thoughts, etc) three months?
Cant tell if your being serious or not?? If by chance you are being serious pm meeeee if you need someome to talk to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jack the hat
Rep:
?
(Original post by ProcrastinatePro)
Lol? I'm 18 and I noticed a few like a year ago, honestly I haven't seen anymore since and I really couldn't care less because you cannot notice them. Chill out
Okay, I'll try to chill out and hope for the best. Maybe. I think.
Jack the hat
Rep:
?
(Original post by rayjay2)
Cant tell if your being serious or not?? If by chance you are being serious pm meeeee if you need someome to talk to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I wish I wasn't tbh. I am just freaking out right now.
russellsteapot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I found my first grey hair at about 17, one occasionally shows its face in the same spot from time to time. I'm 29 now. I think the most I've ever had at any one time is two, and neither have been especially noticeable. I don't have any at the moment.

So, it isn't the end of the world, might just be an anomaly like mine.

On the bright side, when a gentleman goes grey, he doesn't become old, he just becomes a dashing silver fox.
Yuck
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's fairly normal so relax, it's not a sign that you're going to have a head full of grey hair any time soon.
Rosaknows
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's not that devastating, just don't pull it out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads