Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Devastated. Barber found a grey hair. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack the hat)
    God, I hope so. I can't believe I'm compromising to get grey hairs at 28? depressing. Is there anything I can do to completely get rid of grey hairs for a long time?
    Most people have a good few grey hairs at 28! Anyway don't worry, grey works much better on a man than it does on women. I am partial to a young man with some grey hair, I think it looks quite nice.

There isn't any way other than dyeing when it happens.

ReputationRep:
    You're crazy haha, it's only a couple of hairs

Posted from TSR Mobile e

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 year old girl and I got my first grey hair at 14. I pulled it out straight away, and although that one hair keeps growing back I haven't found any other greys.

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm posting this on a forum with the most amount of immature people, but, I'm gutted and not sure what to do. When the barber was cutting my hair, he found a couple of greys hair. I'm 18. I don't want grey hairs this young, so to be blunt, WHAT THE HELL DO I DO I DONT WANT ****ING GREY HAIRS AT THIS AGE, IM ****ING SCARED OUT OF MY MIND, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had a few grey hairs when I was 18, I'm 20 now and haven't got them anymore. I didn't use dye or anything. I think that I was subconsciously stressed about A-levels and grey hairs came about shortly before/during them and went away shortly after the exams were over.

See if you still have them in September. That's when you need to start worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, better than finding no hair at all.

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm posting this on a forum with the most amount of immature people, but, I'm gutted and not sure what to do. When the barber was cutting my hair, he found a couple of greys hair. I'm 18. I don't want grey hairs this young, so to be blunt, WHAT THE HELL DO I DO I DONT WANT ****ING GREY HAIRS AT THIS AGE, IM ****ING SCARED OUT OF MY MIND, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My hairdresser's found a couple of grey hairs too. A lot of people have them, just not very many of them. Until the grey becomes visible, which probably won't be particularly soon, stop worrying. When the grey does become visible, dye it.

ReputationRep:
    Got one like two years ago, haven't seen one since.

ReputationRep:
    Your going to die anyway, in the long run it does not matter.

ReputationRep:
    Erm I'm 21 and have had grey hairs since 14. Don't make such a fuss, mine is visibly grey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ch1pp0)
    I had a few grey hairs when I was 18, I'm 20 now and haven't got them anymore. I didn't use dye or anything. I think that I was subconsciously stressed about A-levels and grey hairs came about shortly before/during them and went away shortly after the exams were over.

See if you still have them in September. That's when you need to start worrying.
    omg why?

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Do pull them out! Grow a grey streak and become one of those psycho types!

ReputationRep:
    oh get over yourself OP

Ive been going grey since i was 25 its no big deal.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's anything to worry about. When I was like 14 I found one grey hair. I really freaked out about it, so I pulled it out. Another grey hair grew back in exactly the same place. Anyway, it's years later and I still only have the one re-occurring grey, haha. I'm assuming maybe it's just that hair follicle or whatever that lacks pigment or something (as you can tell, I'm no scientist, but it puts my mind at rest).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbethany)
    I don't think it's anything to worry about. When I was like 14 I found one grey hair. I really freaked out about it, so I pulled it out. Another grey hair grew back in exactly the same place. Anyway, it's years later and I still only have the one re-occurring grey, haha. I'm assuming maybe it's just that hair follicle or whatever that lacks pigment or something (as you can tell, I'm no scientist, but it puts my mind at rest).
    I sure hope so!

ReputationRep:
    Basically all grey hair is, is colourless hair, so think of it that way haha. If you were to colour your hair though you'd need it a dark colour (if you're not already dark haired) as lighter colours aren't so great at disguising colourless hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    Basically all grey hair is, is colourless hair, so think of it that way haha. If you were to colour your hair though you'd need it a dark colour (if you're not already dark haired) as lighter colours aren't so great at disguising colourless hair
    I have brown hair, maybe that would disguise it? for now? I'm hoping I don't have anything to disguise and the grey hair will go away.

ReputationRep:
    I've had the odd grey hair since I was 12. Nothing to worry about. They won't overwhelm you. I pull them out and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jussterr)
    I've had the odd grey hair since I was 12. Nothing to worry about. They won't overwhelm you. I pull them out and move on.
    I think it has been cut off as I have asked my parents if they can see it, and they can't?

ReputationRep:
    If it's any consolation, I find young guys with greying hair to be rather attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    If it's any consolation, I find young guys with greying hair to be rather attractive.
    hmmmm not sure if grey would suit me though?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.