insomniacfreak
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I've got 3 books and I wanted to know, what is the best book to revise biology from? I really want to get an A this year!

I've got

Edexcel AS Biology - The Student Book
CGP Biology
Edexcel AS Biology - C.J Clegg

What are you guys using/ recommending/ used?
Abigail05
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Personally I used CGP because I've used them before and found them really useful I wouldn't recommend the Edexcel guide because there aren't as many colours, however as it is specific to the exam board if you aren't a visual learner then it might be worth getting. Have a look through friend's ones? The layout of some of the things is different in the Edexcel one - for example, comparisons are in tables which my friend found really helpful (however if you're making your own notes from the book it doesn't matter). My friend owns both the Edexcel version and CGP and prefers the CGP one overall as she is used to the layout and it lays it all out well, however for some stuff (like the comparion thing) its better. Oh and remember to get an exam board specific CGP guide instead of the one for all boards, as that was what I got (last one on the shelf in a mad panic 8 days before my Unit 1 January exam (got a D, do more than 8 days worth)). Hope that's helped
thegreenchildren
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I thought that the revision guide and the big text book specifically made for the snab course were the best. The CGP one would often go into way too much detail about things. I didn't actually use the CGP and I got 100% ums on both AS exams.

I think the most important thing to focus on is past papers.

Which book do you find the most helpful?
Natalia Kasera
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Do you have the pdf version or an ebook?
(Original post by insomniacfreak)
I've got 3 books and I wanted to know, what is the best book to revise biology from? I really want to get an A this year!

I've got

CGP Biology

(Original post by insomniacfreak)

I've got

CGP Biology

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (118)
33.71%
Yes - a trusted person (95)
27.14%
No (93)
26.57%
I'm not sure (44)
12.57%

Watched Threads