Turn on thread page Beta

If convicted, should former Iraq president, Saddam Hussein, be executed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a school issue arguement and I'm still unsure if I should be for or against Saddam being executed. Does anyone have any good points for me please?

ReputationRep:
    What ever punnishment that is issued by the UNITED NATIONS will be fine with me, America has no place in deciding that.

ReputationRep:
    For more facts you should check the 4 facts about America thread, it's very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiff2538)
    I'm doing a school issue arguement and I'm still unsure if I should be for or against Saddam being executed. Does anyone have any good points for me please?
    no because then he wouldn't suffer for what he has done...better off he is alive to regret it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    no because then he wouldn't suffer for what he has done...better off he is alive to regret it
    Alive with no arms or legs I think would be a fitting punishment.

ReputationRep:
    How are you sure he's alive has ne one heard from him after he was "caught" ??

He should be tried at The Hague like S. Milosevic if it really was about freedom for the Iraqi people – therefore would not be executed, something I agree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mxx)
    He should be tried at The Hague like S. Milosevic if it really was about freedom for the Iraqi people – therefore would not be executed, something I agree with.
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of those films where time after time the hero comes face to face with the enemy (who keeps going round killing everyone) but doesn't kill them. The enemy always re-emerges and does some new horrible thing all over again. Plus if they keep him alive he won't be thrown in a tiny little smelly horrible cell and only be given porridge to eat, there's some convention or other that will mean he has to recieve certain provisions as a former world leader. It would cost loads of money to keep him imprisonned and the amount they would have to spend on his security would also be ridiculous. They should kill him. (however, the way things are going if they did decide to execute him I wouldn't be surprised if it was broadcast around on live tv, which would be very very sick)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    But he's such a sicko that he probably hasn't got the capacity for regret or sorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    What ever punnishment that is issued by the UNITED NATIONS will be fine with me, America has no place in deciding that.
    Well, as the UN played no part in his downfall I don't see it should have much of a say in his punishment.

ReputationRep:
    It should be up to the Iraqi people to decide what punishment should ultimately befall him. It's not a decision to be made by anyone else - the US, the so-called "world court", or the UN. Let the nation that suffered under him for so long be his judge.

ReputationRep:
    I think they should let him off with a stern talking to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Yeah, he has to be tortured in any possible way that exists before dying to gain revenge for all those lives he took.... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    What will that achieve? It won't bring back those dead people. It may only provide some kind of temporary satisfaction for a few people. But ultimately pointless.

But, if we're going down that route, I'd l volunteer to take on Saddam in a live televised battle à morte.
    Me too, any other volunteers?????

ReputationRep:
    What will that achieve? It won't bring back those dead people. It may only provide some kind of temporary satisfaction for a few people. But ultimately pointless.

But, if we're going down that route, I'd l volunteer to take on Saddam in a live televised battle à morte.
    I don't know about that. He's probably a bit more used to personally taking lives than you are. You might be "arder" but I bet he'd fight dirtier and has more of a killer instinct!

Make a good scrap though! Tell you what, you get him down and I'll give him a good kick in the head. Sound like a deal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I don't know about that. He's probably a bit more used to personally taking lives than you are. You might be "arder" but I bet he'd fight dirtier and has more of a killer instinct!

Make a good scrap though! Tell you what, you get him down and I'll give him a good kick in the head. Sound like a deal?
    What's my role here?????

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I want a one-on-one or its not fair, he has to have a fighting chance. He's a bit old but I bet he's got a good punch on him, and he'll fight dirty. Would be great fun.
    I'm sure he'd grab a load of sand/dirt and throw it in your eyes (just like the movies)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.