Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Anybody know how to get a flat stomach in time for Summer? Diet, Fitness, etc? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, I'm new here but was just wondering what advice you have to give about getting 'toned' for want of a better term for summer. I'm at the moment wanting to get in shape. I'm not fat but not completely as slim as I'd like either. My stomach is probably like this - http://shannonpaiges.files.wordpress...mach.jpg?w=560 and I'd love for it to be like this or similar - http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files...5-flat-abs.jpg any ideas? This includes diet and exercises I can do. Currently I walk to school 25 minutes there, 25 minutes back every day, I do x 3 sets of reverse crunches, x 3 sets of bicycle crunches and x3 sets of 15 sit-ups every night before bed. I eat for breakfast granola with greek yogurt, and lunch I have a tuna sandwich, apple, orange (or whatever fruit but usually two pieces of fruit) and water and a yogurt. For dinner I eat whatever my parents cook. Please help! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Don't work your abs everyday and you're not working hard enough

instead of doing abs everyday, do this 3 times a week every other day (Monday, Wednesday & Friday abs. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday jog)

It's a stomach routine from P90X. Do all the reps as written down.
    http://tracker.dailyburn.com/workout...0X-Ab-Ripper-X

Its a mixture of upper/lower stomach and upper thighs. It should last around 15 minutes. They're floor moves

If you're not sure how to do some of the moves, this explains how to do each one
    http://www.freeworkoutguides.com/wor...ripper-workout

You can even watch the whole routine on YouTube, search Ab ripper X. Some people have uploaded vids of themselves doing it

Jog around your garden for 20 minutes on the days you're not doing abs

ReputationRep:
    Please, work out your entire body, every mucles and use weights. people don't get muscular instantly and playing with heavy weights gets you to where you WANT faster, Eat enough calories to build muscle (250-750 more than your daily caloric intake)
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Look on the body building forum for a female's beginner routine and stick to it you will get the body you showed us.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'd honestly just suggest to take up some running as your foundation. Everyone has abs, working them out does nothing if you have a layer covering them up and running (not jogging) will probably remove that quickest.

ReputationRep:
    You won't see your abs until you lose the fat on top of your stomach, which is why these three things are most important:

1. Eat well.
    To get rid of the fat, you need to be on a calorie deficit. Calculate your TDEE and minus around 200-300 from that. If you calorie count everything that you eat, your calories in should be less than calories out. This is the most important part of losing stomach fat.

2. Lift heavy.
    In all honesty, building your routines around ab exercises is a waste of time! Start a proper weight lifting regime. I know this sounds strange for girls, but lifting weights helps with weight loss. Your key exercise would be squats. Mix this in with some cardio and you'll have your stomach.

3. Sleep well.
    Easy peasy.

ReputationRep:
    The girl in the 2nd picture is just slim not muscular or toned. She wants her stomach like that, that's it

I don't know why some people are suggesting you start lifting weights, especially heavy weights. A weight lifting routine involves working your arms, shoulders, back etc

if she wants her stomach and upper thighs to look like the girl in the pic all she needs to do is a core stomach routine 3 days a week and jog a 3 days a week. She isn't fat at all

The routine I posted isn't just abs, it's also lower back, thighs, lower stomach & waist

(Original post by chigz32)
    Eat well.
    To get rid of the fat, you need to be on a calorie deficit. Calculate your TDEE and minus around 200-300 from that. If you calorie count everything that you eat, your calories in should be less than calories out. This is the most important part of losing stomach fat.
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigz32)
    You won't see your abs until you lose the fat on top of your stomach, which is why these three things are most important:

1. Eat well.

2. Lift heavy.
    In all honesty, building your routines around ab exercises is a waste of time! Start a proper weight lifting regime. I know this sounds strange for girls, but lifting weights helps with weight loss. Your key exercise would be squats. Mix this in with some cardio and you'll have your stomach.

3. Sleep well.
    Easy peasy.
    That.

ReputationRep:
    Lets not overcomplicate things here:

1. Eat well, lots of fruit and veg, complex carbs and protein.

2. Sleep well

3. Exercise.
    3.1. Cardio (Run, cycle, swim)
    3.2. Tone (Sit ups, planks)

4. Keep doing this and get a flat toned stomach. In reality its persistence that will make the difference.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.