Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey...
    can anyone recommend what texts to do a critical reading of for the second piece of A2 coursework? - marxist or feminist approach? or anything from the critical anthology.
    Preferably something short.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I did 'Not My Best Side' by U.A. Fanthorpe with a Marxist Reading which was really fun as I loved the poem! It's quite short and entertaining, yet still has absolutely loads to write about - I had too many words and had to cut down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Marxist - animal farm? It's all about the Russian Revolution
    Feminist - Simone de Beauvoir - The Monologue. (I just did an essay on that in uni so it was at the top of my head)

When I did this piece of coursework I did Catcher in the Rye and Symbolism. Symbolism is an easy one I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R_94)
    Marxist - animal farm? It's all about the Russian Revolution
    Feminist - Simone de Beauvoir - The Monologue. (I just did an essay on that in uni so it was at the top of my head)

When I did this piece of coursework I did Catcher in the Rye and Symbolism. Symbolism is an easy one I think
    I reeeeaaally wanted to do animal farm, but my teacher said "it is far too obvious"... Now everything I choose is either too obvious or it's too "gcse" lol.

I'll have a read of the monologue, thank you!
    (I have done catcher in the rye for my comparitive piece)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly9595)
    I did 'Not My Best Side' by U.A. Fanthorpe with a Marxist Reading which was really fun as I loved the poem! It's quite short and entertaining, yet still has absolutely loads to write about - I had too many words and had to cut down

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i am going to have a read, sounds like it might be perfect though.. Thank you! Haha, the word count is annoying... I start by feeling like how on earth am i going to talk that much about something, and before i know it i am waaay over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somebodyguideme)
    I reeeeaaally wanted to do animal farm, but my teacher said "it is far too obvious"... Now everything I choose is either too obvious or it's too "gcse" lol.

I'll have a read of the monologue, thank you!
    (I have done catcher in the rye for my comparitive piece)
    - Yeah your teacher is right about obvious texts. The Monologue is in a collection of stories called "The Woman Destroyed" by Simone De Beauvoir - She was of huge significance within feminism so anything by her would allow you to have a strong feminist viewpoint for your essay - her most famous was "The Second Sex"

ReputationRep:
    I did 'Salome' and 'Havisham' by Duffy for a feminist reading

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.