Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    This is for anyone firming Sheffield to study History in 2013!
    What was it about the Uni that made you want to firm?

ReputationRep:
    It's better course wise than many more internationally prestigious unis, sheffield is one of the friendliest and greenest places in the country, their students' union is the best in the country (not my opinion, this seems to be the consensus) lovely capoeira (thiswww.youtube.com/watch?v=GzY4zNacjq0 but obviously lower level, but they're one of the nicest bunch of people I've met) group, the course has good flexibility, living in Sheffield is actually affordable, the weather is nicer for the same Pennines' winds that makes my home (Manchester) miserable, Sheffield is close to a lot of unis my, and I'm guessing your, friends are going, it won't cost £50+ every time I want to get home (I was considering Edinburg), the place seems the opposite of snobby, the music scene is awesome.

I've been twice, and looked on the websites, that's it, and my friends that live there said (while I was deciding) that I was underselling it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.