The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would love to have a nice guy around. I don't have any of these nice guys around that do stuff to blackmail me. I only get the horrible, sexually in your face ones that I avoid like the plague. It makes me think hard about what sort of image I am projecting. It appears that guys don't look at me in a girlfriend way and see me as a shag or something. It makes me sad.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a girl and I absolutely HATE "nice guys".

Just to clarify, I love guys who are genuinely nice people. In fact, I won't date anyone who is not a genuinely nice person. But there's a difference between that and "nice guys" as the term is used nowadays. One is an actual personality trait, the other is an act.

I hate how people like this are labelled ''nice guys'' because they are the complete opposite, they're probably more manipulative and selfish than the narcissitic 'LAD' type of guys who they moan about. At least those guys make it obvious what they're after. It gives genuinely nice people a bad name and it must make it so hard to work out if someone actually cares or if they just want to get laid.

My friend met a guy who she seemed to like, they went on one date and when I met him he was really nice. At least that's how he seemed! I remember saying to her how pleased I was she'd found someone nice, mistake. It was all an act.

He would talk about how much he loved her, how he'd buy her expensive presents, introduce her to his parents etc. He said all this to me to - the first time i'd ever met him. My only experience with relationships is seeing whats happened to my friends but even I saw through that. All this freaked her out so much that she backed off a bit, he refused to accept this and became really agressive. Showing up randomly at her house, stalking her and sending a string of really wierd messages. He even sent ME a load. It's quite obvious that me and this girl are really good friends, and i'd take her side, so why he involved me I don't know. This went on for ages before she finally blocked him.
God this is SO annoying!
I would NEVER date a guy who wasn't 'nice'.
A guy can look like a Greek God but if he doesn't treat me well then it ain't going to happen!

I'm engaged to the 'nicest' guy in the world and I love him to bits.
People seem to be using the 'nice guy' act as a sense of entitlement for sex. 'Boohoo i'm such a nice guy nobody will have sex with me', I mean seriously, get a grip, if you were really a 'nice guy' you wouldn't boast about it like a medal, you'd just be yourself, carry on and reap the rewards for being true to yourself.
Reply 104
I agree with everyone, there is a difference between being the "nice guy" and being a genuinely nice person... As for the latter, hang in there dude, it landed me my boyfriend ^_^
Original post by Anonymous
I hate how people like this are labelled ''nice guys'' because they are the complete opposite, they're probably more manipulative and selfish than the narcissitic 'LAD' type of guys who they moan about. At least those guys make it obvious what they're after. It gives genuinely nice people a bad name and it must make it so hard to work out if someone actually cares or if they just want to get laid.

My friend met a guy who she seemed to like, they went on one date and when I met him he was really nice. At least that's how he seemed! I remember saying to her how pleased I was she'd found someone nice, mistake. It was all an act.

He would talk about how much he loved her, how he'd buy her expensive presents, introduce her to his parents etc. He said all this to me to - the first time i'd ever met him. My only experience with relationships is seeing whats happened to my friends but even I saw through that. All this freaked her out so much that she backed off a bit, he refused to accept this and became really agressive. Showing up randomly at her house, stalking her and sending a string of really wierd messages. He even sent ME a load. It's quite obvious that me and this girl are really good friends, and i'd take her side, so why he involved me I don't know. This went on for ages before she finally blocked him.

Yeah this. I'm still friends with a "nice guy" whom I ended up rejecting, but he treats me in the weirdest way. Every now and again he'll text me saying "do you want to do this?" in a really nice way and I'm like "sorry, no" (I have actually been busy) but in real life he barely even looks at me or says hi back. He also treats people generally (especially other guys) like they're all potential competitors he somehow has to get an edge over.
Reply 106
Their is no nice guy syndrom, its all about looks, hot girls date hot guys, and ugly women who have no alternative date other ugly "nice" guys
Original post by MancBoy
LOL at these comments. So hypocritical. If a good looking fella had the same 'boring conversations' and 'not making their intentions clear' girls would still be all over him. By 'nice guy' they usually mean 'ugly guy' :rolleyes:

Why don't guys ever complain about 'nice girls'?...because we're not as shallow.

Loool, good point we won't complain if a girl is trying to be nice to have sex with us.

Tbh we're just as dickish, when a not so good looking girl comes to us you'll let her down gently like girls do to us, just that we make the advances so we're turned down most of the time.
Reply 108
Original post by akash11
Their is no nice guy syndrom, its all about looks, hot girls date hot guys, and ugly women who have no alternative date other ugly "nice" guys

Yeah it's all bs. It's just a way for girls to make it look as though they aren't as shallow as the lads. It's image upkeep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by akash11
Their is no nice guy syndrom, its all about personality, confident/fun girls date confident/fun guys, and unconfident/boring women who have no alternative date other unconfident/boring "nice" guys

fixed that for you
Reply 110
Original post by Fenrirs_space
fixed that for you

It's not that simple. If life was that simple then there wouldn't be half as many problems.

What is a boring girl? I think the girls who people define as 'fun' as being glued to the club and wildin' out to cheese are boring. They might think my interests in music are boring and they might also think my preference of being in a quiet bar is boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by datpiff
It's not that simple. If life was that simple then there wouldn't be half as many problems.

What is a boring girl? I think the girls who people define as 'fun' who are glued to the club are boring. They might think my interests in music and my preference of being in a quiet bar is boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boring, imo anyway, are people without hobbies, or things to actually talk about that they are interested. Girls who just go to clubs are boring, I agree with you on that. If your interests are just music & going to a quiet bar, then yes, they will think you are boring as well (unless, of course, you actively pursue your interest in music by performing/being in a band etc. Then that is something that is interesting and attractive) . Interesting people are those who have their own passions in life that they actively pursue and strive to achieve. Take a look around, and you'll generally see those are the people who get in to relationships* easiest.

*defining relationships as two people who are together because they genuinely like each other and want to be together, not two people who are together just for the sake of it.
Reply 113
Original post by Fenrirs_space
Boring, imo anyway, are people without hobbies, or things to actually talk about that they are interested. Girls who just go to clubs are boring, I agree with you on that. If your interests are just music & going to a quiet bar, then yes, they will think you are boring as well (unless, of course, you actively pursue your interest in music by performing/being in a band etc. .

That's sadly the majority of girls away from TSR then.

And yes, I'm a musician. I make electronic music and I'm active in my hobby.

Original post by ReebokBoofle107
This.

I don't get these images. What's the point. It's like people couldn't be arsed to post the video.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 114
Original post by ReebokBoofle107
This.

Oh my god this is perfect!
Being nice really does get you far, and it's what gets people to approach you in the first place
Reply 115
I have to admit being a shy and not very talkative person. It takes quite a while for people to get to know me. Maybe thats why I have never had a girlfriend? I dont think I'm boring as I have a few hobbies.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by datpiff
That's sadly the majority of girls away from TSR then.

And yes, I'm a musician. I make electronic music and I'm active in my hobby.

I don't get these images. What's the point. It's like people couldn't be arsed to post the video.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) i wouldnt say that the TSR is the right place to pick up girls or judge their lifestyle.

2) i couldn't find the video. But i'm not going to repeat exactly what someone else has said and take credit for it.

Latest

Trending

Trending