Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Am I really weird for not social networking? Watch

(Original post by bssjonny)
    For me websites like twitter aren't really that sociable. They are basically a stage to show everyone your life. Nobody properly talks to one another on it.

I miss the msn and piczo days. Those were glorious times.
    I miss msn I've still got it on my laptop, lol. Nobody's ever on it now though. It was so much easier to just talk to people. Wish everyone still used it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    The obsession with social networks is worrying. Newspapers are reporting on Twitter status updates all the time now.

It's only a matter of time before Facebook accounts are issued to babies like birth certificates are.
    Yeah, I agree with you there. I personally don't have Twitter or Facebook, and it's certainly not done me any harm.

ReputationRep:
    The psychology of posting 'statuses' is quite interesting when you look into it. People are craving attention and popularity, often reinforing their own self-interestedness in the process. You have to feel sorry for them to be honest. Zuckerburg has turned people's brains into mush!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just feel it is not real and cheapens studd, it seems supperficial. It could work for or against me, but I have no social networking.

Bad for finding a partner and all? Weird?
    I'm not on Facebook or Twitter either. I can't really say I miss out on anything, the only time its annoying is when I talk to a girl when I'm out and she asks if I've got it.

ReputationRep:
    Evry morning i open my laptop and Facebook . like a normal person opens his new paper.. On my Facebook says then "Brother Earnest bought a new car" and i also follow some celebs, like Emma Watson, and then it says "Emma bought a cat"

I just ***** love it !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think some people are compromising real relationships because of it, but also seemingly don;t mind this.
    Your're right, but some do use it to aid relationships although it dosn't always help

ReputationRep:
    I don't either unless you count Tumblr (although I mainly just reblog loads of pictures, I don't talk to a lot of people on there)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.