Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I'm currently studying at Colchester Sixth form and last year I failed my AS levels with mitigating circumstances with regards to my health. I'm currently 3/4's of the way through retaking my AS levels. I'm really looking into City University London in regards to studying Radiography and was just hoping for some advice and opinions.

I'm currently predicted:
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A
    Physics: B
    Maths for Physics: B

And I've already obtained a B in Pre-clinical at AS level after a retake and i'm currently predicted a B for my A-Level. I had already taken my UKCAT before I received my initial AS results and had achieved an average of 690.

Before that i'd achieved 5A*'s (which include all 3 sciences) 4A's (which include English and Maths) and 2B's at GCSE level.

I've shadowed two radiographers in Liverpool for a week and hope to gain some more experience over the summer

Failing my AS levels had shaken me slightly as I'm not quite sure what to expect 3rd year wise with my friends moving on to university and would very much like to clarify if my chances would be hindered failing the 1st year, much of the research I've found has been for people who have failed A-levels, not AS, so I'm not too sure what my situation is. :/

Any advice you could send my way would be much very much appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if City accept students that are doing a third year.. i know that St Georges don't. However, as long as you have shadowed in a diagnostic/therapy department, good health, achieve the grades, have at least 1 science subject (physics is even better) good personal statement showing a passion and interest for the field then you will be absolutely fine! I would definately work extremely hard this year and actually achieve those predicted grades as if the university knows that you have retook then they'd expect better grades in the second year i presume. I would continue to research on university websites, speak to college advisors and ask other students who may have had similar circumstances to you. there is also a main radiography thread on here which you may find useful but other than that i dont see an issue with the fact that you've had to retake your AS year as most Radiography courses accept students similar to your situation regardless!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.