The Student Room Group

deVere Group

Scroll to see replies

Its a scam basically a job where you get paid on commission
No real career prospects
I have worked at deVere for several years and am happy to answer any questions.
How's it going? Over a month now, I'm intrigued? Have they kept their promises and how are you finding it a month and a third later?
Hi, Not sure which promises you mean. What have you been promised and i'll let you know?
Original post by devereee
I'm about to start my deVere post in Malta this month, so will keep you posted regarding how everything goes.

From what I have read on here it makes me terrified, but the people I know that currently work there and the managers I have met have all been fantastic. The deVere recruitment process isn't amazingly difficult, as long as you have a degree, are well spoken and have the 'deVere' personality. How far you reach afterward I think will depend on your education and work-ethic. It's no holiday.

But yes your flights and accommodation are paid for, the latter of which is a walk away from the office and you make a gross basic when in Malta of €1500 with the potential for another €1000 if you hit your target. Now bearing in mind that you're being paid potentially €2,500 for working and obtaining the first part of the CISI - WITHOUT PAYING ACCOMMODATION - it doesn't seem all that bad...

Bare in mind the average starting wage for a grad in London is between £18-24, and the average rent for someone who isn't local is normally about £120-180 depending on your preference. You do the math.

But like I say, I'll let you know how Malta goes.

I meant to quote this....a lot of people have mentioned anything you're 'promised' I guess advised is a better term....but have they met what he has been told and how is he finding the organisation now. You've been there for a few years Mark so I'm wondering if the start up process has changed since then? Where are you based?
Hi,

The promises have all been met on that score. The £1000 bonus is very difficult to attain in Malta though, but thats not promised. Its for high achievers. But there are other financial incentives that are given that are achievable. i have worked in several cities in deVere. The only issues i have seen are some delays with local visas but that always gets sorted and is normal commercial stuff. Mostly its down to you and your attitude to grafting. Hope that helps.
Original post by devereee
I'm about to start my deVere post in Malta this month, so will keep you posted regarding how everything goes.

From what I have read on here it makes me terrified, but the people I know that currently work there and the managers I have met have all been fantastic. The deVere recruitment process isn't amazingly difficult, as long as you have a degree, are well spoken and have the 'deVere' personality. How far you reach afterward I think will depend on your education and work-ethic. It's no holiday.

But yes your flights and accommodation are paid for, the latter of which is a walk away from the office and you make a gross basic when in Malta of €1500 with the potential for another €1000 if you hit your target. Now bearing in mind that you're being paid potentially €2,500 for working and obtaining the first part of the CISI - WITHOUT PAYING ACCOMMODATION - it doesn't seem all that bad...

Bare in mind the average starting wage for a grad in London is between £18-24, and the average rent for someone who isn't local is normally about £120-180 depending on your preference. You do the math.

But like I say, I'll let you know how Malta goes.

How've you found it?
I know may grads here in many cities. They all find it a challenge but have great fun and lots are doing really well. I guess if you are the right kind of person then its for you. If you're not, it's not. Like marmite.
So, just to clarify, by the "right kind of person", Nigel Green/ 'Mark Reed' means the sort of person who likes paying out of their own pocket to learn how to rip people off and lose all self respect. Aka, both an idiot and a loser.
Nigel Green owned a company that ripped off blind pensioners. You've got one life, and some of you are interested in supporting this? Wow.

Watch the hands, not the mouth.
Original post by mark reed
Hi,

The promises have all been met on that score. The £1000 bonus is very difficult to attain in Malta though, but thats not promised. Its for high achievers. But there are other financial incentives that are given that are achievable. i have worked in several cities in deVere. The only issues i have seen are some delays with local visas but that always gets sorted and is normal commercial stuff. Mostly its down to you and your attitude to grafting. Hope that helps.

Can i see your linkedin profile? It's amazing how a company that has more the $10 billion of funds under advice have such outstanding negative reviews!
yeah i have been told the same, they told me to pay for my trip to go to malta for a training course
****in ridiculous
How is malta ??
Yeah their training programme sucks ball. I've had cold conversations with number of peeps who had experienced this in real life. Best to ignore severe at the start of your caree
They offered me a place on the training programme last week but I'm quite sceptical about the whole thing. It feels like I haven't really done anything, I don't think I was particularly good in any of the interviews (in fact I thought I did quite poorly in parts) and it's all moved so quickly. I feel like they've also glossed over the particulars of the job, all they've said is you'll be cold calling for the first year and then repeatedly told you how much you can potentially earn. With regard to the salary it sounds good but they don't really give you a breakdown of what's commission and what's guaranteed. It seems like people get so distracted from asking questions by the earning potential (they tell you they expect you to be earning £250k in 3-4 years) and the fact that they recruit a lot of people who don't have finance backgrounds and people don't want to ask 'obvious' questions.

Hope this helps some people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whats your name? they will give you some feedback of what they thought of you. They gave you all the time to ask your questions and are always available on email or even phone for those they have offered, however specific the question. They also do several webex calls with each intake before coming to Malta, specifically for any outstanding questions. Even with all of this, grads still ask more when in Malta. It never stops, and they are there to help. At assessments all know exactly what they are looking for. You have to get the Ok from all 3 assessors, so if they have offered you a place that is enough for them. So well done.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 115
Sent my CV TO Devere Group.

Said Congrats, and i got a Webinar session- chance to ask questions online.

Very skeptical about company. Don't know how the process works?
The comments about paying for Malta sound a little suspicious as I am about to leave and have only paid £25 for my Scottish Disclosure Certificate. So far the process has been great and as I already have two members of the family working for them I feel in safe hands. Don't listen to all the things you read online. I have a feeling its people that have been rejected.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Link1993
The comments about paying for Malta sound a little suspicious as I am about to leave and have only paid £25 for my Scottish Disclosure Certificate. So far the process has been great and as I already have two members of the family working for them I feel in safe hands. Don't listen to all the things you read online. I have a feeling its people that have been rejected.

I think people would put more faith into what you say if it wasn't your only post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
I think people would put more faith into what you say if it wasn't your only post

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can see that may be a problem for some people, but you have to have a first post somewhere. I've been looking into what people's experiences have been like in Malta to prep myself for heading out next month. I can assure you that aside from my Scottish Disclosure Check, I have not once been asked to pay for anything. I find it really strange that people would say this when it has been made clear throughout the recruitment process that this is not the case. I've prepared myself for things being a bit tight when heading out to my first location, as commission will take some time to get going. However, they do pay half your rent which should be a massive help.
Reply 119
Hi
after reading the above it left me not to apply for sales vacancy, my friend had interduce me to this company. I will not wast my time further looking at this company

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending