Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Weight Loss Like A Boss Watch

ReputationRep:
    Meal Guidelines:

Guidelines out the window when going out for a meal/drink with friends. Damage control is a political tactic that doesn't get between me and my three star dishings of carbohydrate fests.

Eat every 3 - 4 hours.
    Drinks - Mainly water with the occasional cuppa of green, redbush and peppermint tea
    (Low calorie fizz pop to a minimum but allowed when looking for my next artificial sweetener hit.)
    Non starchy vegetables: Abundant and making up half the plate in any meal. Operation eat more greens than a cow = engaged.
    Fruit: Reduced intake for the first two weeks to one grapefruit and a handful of berries.
    Carbohydrates: buckwheat grains, beans and pulses, brown rice, rye bread, rye crackers, oats etc. Reduced intake for the first two weeks but not to the carb-avoidal point.
    Protein: chicken, turkey, fish, beef, eggs, cottage cheese, feta cheese greek yogurt etc
    Seeds: maximum of one tablespoon a day
    Nuts: maximum of ten a day
    Biscuits, chocolate etc are allowed as long as I don't slip into a 'OH NO. IT'S RUINED MENTALITY' and then proceed to eat out the house like no tomorrow. I vow never to skip meals to make up for overeating because I've been in that vicious circle before. HEALTH >>>> WEIGHT.

Exercise: Some everyday (even if only a few squats and lunges and a brisk walk. Options: gym, running, class, fitness video etc) No pressure to do one hour of intense exercise but I want to raise my level of activity.

And so it begins. Diet and training log shall appear below.

Breakfast: egg or dairy based.

ReputationRep:
    Complete break of every rule but hey ho. Limited supply in house and no binges happened. (Not so-ex-eating-disorder-sufferer. Determined to beat it though by breaking previous thought patterns.)

Breakfast: 2 plums. Small slice of wholemeal bread with cheedar cheese.

Lunch. Chicken sandwich with spinach.

Snack. Small bag of popcorn.

Predinner (midcook) grazing: Apple, boiled chicken, carrots, cabbage, a handful of grapes

Dinner: 2 fried eggs with 2 egg whites. 50 calorie wholemeal toast. Broccoli.

Exercise: One hour walk. Not exactly brisk though so room for improvement.

Dessert: One tablespoon of cooking caramel. Don't ask. It happened. A binge would normally happen here. It didn't. Winning.

Room for improvement. More water. More vegetables. Less fruit. Less fizzy drinks. Make own lunch instead of pre-purchased.

Plan for tomorrow: improve on today.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.