The Student Room Group

Abertay Dundee vs Robert Gordon

Hi all!

I have unconditional offers from both universities (abertay dundee and robert gordon) to study computer science bsc (hons).

I have read that dundee is a warmer and cheaper place than Aberdeen, but Robert gordon's a slightly better uni. I also think the placement year provided by Robert gordon is invaluable. (Abertay doesnt have one).

I also get the feeling that abertay is a more welcoming place.

Neither am I from Scotland nor do I live there so I thought you guys could help me out on this.

What should I look for in an uni? Which uni would you guys recommend/suggest? I would love to hear from others' experience.

Thank you
Reply 1
I'd look at the course content of both courses and make a decision based on that as it seems you'd happily go to either Dundee or Aberdeen. It also sounds like the placement year is a big plus for you and will be invaluable for when you are looking for a graduate job. I've not been to either, or have studied in either city so hopefully someone else with experience of the cities can chip in! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ecosse_14
I'd look at the course content of both courses and make a decision based on that as it seems you'd happily go to either Dundee or Aberdeen. It also sounds like the placement year is a big plus for you and will be invaluable for when you are looking for a graduate job. I've not been to either, or have studied in either city so hopefully someone else with experience of the cities can chip in! :smile:

Thanks... I just dont want to regret my decision later. Yea, just waiting for an experienced reply. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest