Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    What are the benefits of Online MBA?

ReputationRep:
    There are several benefits in my opinion. Each potential student will have different reasons for selecting a distance learning program or not depending on their needs and requirements.

The single largest benefit for me is the flexibility that a distance learning program provides. I hold a director level position with my firm and put in a lot of long hours with work (often 60+ hours per week). My position also requires me to travel a good bit and be gone for weeks at a time. A traditional MBA program, or even an "Executive MBA" program like many universities here in the US offer (classes are taught for 6-8 hours a day on Saturdays and Sundays) simply wasnt an option for me. I needed a program that would work with my very busy lifestyle and schedule.

Another benefit I found was in cost savings. When I looked at several different MBA programs at B&M universities, I found the cost of tuition, books, etc to range from about $25K (USD) to $60K. While there are some very expensive online MBA programs as well, I was able to find a couple of B&M schools in the UK that also offered online programs that were much cheaper. The online MBA program that Anglia Ruskin University offers for example will end up costing me less than $15K.

By going the distance learning route I was also able to look at universities all over the globe and consider many more options than just considering the B&M universities that are within a reasonable distance from my home and my job. I was able to look at a wider variety of programs and find a course that I thought was well suited to my needs (I chose an MBA with a specialization in Project Management. This is not something that is commonly offered in the US.)

I dont think an online MBA is the right choice for everyone. But I do think it is a good choice for several people, and can be expecially attractive to professionals that are already deeply seated in their career path and can not take time during the normal work week to attend classes.

It has certainly been the right choice for me.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.