Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Was NATO's bombing of yugoslavia in the 90's the right thing to do? Watch

• View Poll Results: Was the Nato bombing of yugoslavia in the 90's justified?
    yes
    62.50%
    no
    37.50%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Did I say that? no I did not. I don't believe that the US should intervene in our affairs and :rofl: they are not the most powerful country anymore, Iraq and Afghanistan has broken them.

So you are muslim? you say "who wanted us all dead" so you have to be. And to call yourself Yugoslavian is wrong as there is no Yugoslavia, I know a few Serbians and they refer themselves as Serbian/Serbs not Yugoslavian, same with Croats and Slovenes.
    Well that's your opinion then isn't it!? Doesn't mean you're right. Not all people from Kosovo are Muslim. Islam is the main religion but it isn't popularly practised in the country. It doesn't matter what religion I am. The point is that Milosevics' idealogy was to obliterate Bosnia, Croatia and Kosovo. Where did I once claim to be Yugoslavian?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, the fascist Croats at it again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21906463

At one stage a chorus of "Kill a Serb" echoed round the stadium. Serbian supporters were barred from attending the match which Croatia won 2-0.

Despite repeated appeals by the Croatian football authorities to respect the visiting side, the home crowd soon started singing fascist songs from the 1940s - when tens of thousands of Serbs died in Croatia at the hands of the Ustasa militias.
    And Clessus was trying to explain how wonderful the Croats are and that Serbs are the devil.

The Croats were Nazis and it appears they still are.

We bombed the wrong targets.

We should make an official apology to the Serbs for our crimes against their nation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)

And Clessus was trying to explain how wonderful the Croats are and that Serbs are the devil.

We should make an official apology to the Serbs for our crimes against their nation.
    Croatia is in the final stages of EU accession, Legislatures of the member states are in the process of ratifying the Treaty of Accession

ReputationRep:

If you use football hooligans as sometime representive than so be it. But then you have to know that there was the world cup in handball last year in Serbia where croat and pther supporters were physically attacked by their supporters. I am really wondering how BBC have not made an article about that incidents.

The Serbian supporters also made racist abuses on an English under-21 football player because he was dark skinned. It was recently. I also challenge you or somebody else to show an example where did Croat supporters did the same.

ReputationRep:

Yes, because Serb supporters never hoist offensive banners, and never engage in provocations towards other fans. I'm afraid you'll find that it's not Croatian fans who racially abuse black players...

Serbia and the Serbian diaspora also does not build memorials to their own Nazi collaboraters.

Seriously Chindits, football hooligans? That's really the best you can do to refute my utter demolition job of what you said earlier? That really is feeble even by your standards.

Oh yes, and where did I say that "Serbs are the devil"? I actually have nothing agaisnt the Serb people, and I oppose many of the stereotypes that many people peddle about them. The Serb people fought very bravely during WW1, and many also did during World War 2. Serbian partisans were instrumental in crushing the genocidal Chetniks and Ustashe. So, far from all being genocidal murderers as many genuine Serbophobes portray them as, many Serbs have shown their willingness to die fighting them. Serbia has come a long way since Milosevic has gone, and is now one of the nicest places in the region to visit, and I look forward to it joining the EU. One of the people I praise in my profile is Zoran Djidjic, a Serbian politician (who was murdered by the same Serbian fascists who Chindits defends), and another is Latinka Perovic, another Serbian politician, as well as Bogic Bogicevic, a Bosnian Serb politician who prevented Milosevic's attempt to stage a coup in the Yugoslav presidency. I also praise Serbian partisans Lepa Radic and Mosa Pijade.

If you mean, by opposing and condemning the disgusting activities of Serbian fascists during the 1990s makes me a "Serb-hater", then yes, I suppose I am. Today, the Serbian fascists (who stand openly in the tradition of the Chetniks of World War II, who collaborated with the Nazis, Ustashe and Italian fascists)– when they aren’t too busy physically harassing old women – are trying to convince the world that they ‘are’ Serbia. In their world, and in the world of their idiot supporters abroad, anyone who condemns their disgusting activities is supposedly attacking ‘all’ Serbs and thinks that the Serbs are the devil. Just think: if people like people like me, or Roy Gutman or many other people who "thought Serbs were the devil" had just kept quiet, Milosevic, Seselj, Karadzic etc. might just have been able to conquer Bosnia and much of Croatia, and wipe out much of the Croats, Bosnian Muslims and Kosovar Albanians without the outside world noticing. If the mentality of the fascists in Serbia and their supporters is still difficult to comprehend, I ask people from the UK how they would feel if supporters of the BNP claimed that they ‘were’ Britain, and that any attack on them constituted thinking that British people were the devil (and believe me, the Serbian fascists of the 1990s make the BNP look like boy scouts). I wish I was joking, but I'm not, this is actually the way these people think. Indeed, it really does amaze me that Serb fascists and their apologists abroad complain about "demonising the Serbs" when their activities in the 1990s got them bad press coverage, yet have no problem saying things like "the Croats were Nazis and still are" (though, in the world of greater-Serbian nationalists, these double standards are nothing new, but that's another discussion).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clessus)

Just to make an update on this thread, to proof that BBC has a pro-Serbian bias and that Tim Judah is a Serbian lobbist.

Yesterday, there was a match between Croatia and Serbia in Belgrade where hooligans where shouting, a croatian flag was burned, and even a player was attacked.

BBC, Judah and generally the english media dont say even a word about it yet they mention how the Croats behalf toward the Serbs in the first match like the link from the upper post shows. Not even a single report.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaylorGang_4)
    What a load of nonsense. Ethnical genocide was taking place in Kosovo at the same, the US was morally obliged to intervene, or else there would have been a second European holocaust. Don't you dare sit there with your factoids making up false accusations about the war. My family witnessed our neighbours bein murdered and our houses being torched by Slavic soldiers who wanted us all dead. So before you speak, make sure you think about what you are saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some would say your personal bias would suggest you need to think about what you're saying.

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbours but someone's Serb neighbours were victims to.

There was nothing one-sided about the conflict, and the suggestion that the Serbs just magically one day decided to go driving about killing people for fun is daft to the extreme.

The Serbs behaved atrociously but hardly more so than anyone else. Facts are not 'factoids', they are fact no matter your personal feelings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by player19)
    Just to make an update on this thread, to proof that BBC has a pro-Serbian bias and that Tim Judah is a Serbian lobbist.

Yesterday, there was a match between Croatia and Serbia in Belgrade where hooligans where shouting, a croatian flag was burned, and even a player was attacked.

BBC, Judah and generally the english media dont say even a word about it yet they mention how the Croats behalf toward the Serbs in the first match like the link from the upper post shows. Not even a single report.
    (old thread, you shouldn't necro them)

What does that have to do with Tim Judah though? I've read his Kosovo: What Everyone Needs to Know and he certainly does not come across as a Serb apologist. In his book The Serbs: History, Myth, and the Destruction of Yugoslavia he writes the following (amongst many other things);

In Prijedor a line of women and children queued silently in the blazing August sun in front of the town hall. They were waiting to sign their property over to the municipality in exchange for exit, or rather expulsion permits. By doing so they hoped to have their menfolk released from the camps into which thousands were herded. In Čelinac the local 'war presidency' promulgated a series of regulations by which non-Serbs could not swim or fish in local rivers, could not gather in groups of more than three or could not dally in public places. In Sarajevo, where utilities had been cut off, people who ran to get water during a lull in the shelling were cut down by snipers or random mortar shells.

This was how Republika Srpska was born. Its warplanes wheeled triumphantly over its northern capital Banja Luka [sic - its capital was actually Pale at the time] and its propogandists talked of a 'Serbian war of Liberation', it was no more a liberation though than the 'freedom' and war brought down on the Germans by Hitler, however enthuastically some may have welcomed him. And the ethnic cleansing, the driving out of whole populations, made a mockery of the claims that the Serbs were defending themselves from a 'genocidal' campaign being waged on them by their victims.
    That hardly sounds like something a Serb lobbyist would write. Nor does this. He has also accused Serbia of greatly exaggerating the number of displaced Kosovo Serbs. I do not agree with all of Tim Judah's writings, but to call him a Serb lobbyist seems pretty rediculious to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clessus)
    Well, ok if you thing, Judah is not the point of my post. it is jsut that BBC have double standards about some things and even make a negative image. Sorry, for sounding idiotic.

i just really wonder, why is there not an article about the match between Serbia and Croatia in Belgrade, while they made an article about evil Croatian fans in Zagreb.

ReputationRep:
    WW2 was started because of people like NATO who always make out that they're the good guys. No NATO bombing wasn't acceptable but I'm sure these Zionists love bombing the hell out of Christians just as they like arming Islamists who murder Christians in Syria.

ReputationRep:
    One of the worst crimes we committed.

The Serbs were our allies in WWII against Nazis, they suffered horrifically.

Milosevic came into power because the Serbs wanted a strong leader to deal with the Islamic insurgency that they were facing. Cross border attacks from Muslims into Serb villages.

Once the war started, Arabs from the middle east came flooding in to fight alongside the Muslims.

I remember seeing a documentary about it. There were whole Arab brigades that went about beheading Serbs and Christians.

A disgusting betrayal and I'm not surprised Serbs feel utter contempt for what we did.
    Name:  3587124-BOSNIA-MASS-GRAVES-08_12_20041.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  515.1 KB

Or was it the utter contempt that we stopped the Serbs carrying on.

I served with many men who had been out in the Former Yugoslavia. Many will be carrying the nightmares around of what they saw until the day they die. One of the most shocking stories was the dead Muslim Child a friend of mine had to remove from a door that some Serb thought was funny to leave nailed to the front of it.

Normally soldiers have no to animosity towards the enemy. But I think you'll find it hard to find a NATO soldier who served over their who holds Serbian Military and paramilitary units in anything but the contempt that they deserve.

Bad things happen in civil wars on both sides. But when the side with all of the tanks, and aircraft and guns and artillery decide to conduct officially sanctioned genocide. The they loose all respect.

The Balkand has always been the powder keg of Europe. Had we left it, god knows what trouble we'd have stored up for the future.

ReputationRep:
    No,they made up an excuse for a regime change

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.