Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi people!..I got into nutrition in September but I'm just wondering is there much chemistry in the course? It wouldn't be my strongest subject!..Also, are there labs?? Any feedback appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hi Carley101,

I done nutrition for my undergrad, but I done it in University of Ulster. But the course is very chemistry based and we did have labs. But im not sure about this specific course in QMU, but id say it is the same! However I would not let that put u off! I had never done chemistry before before starting and I got through just fine, we received plenty of help, it is a really interesting course!!

Hope that helps,

Maria

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Maria

ReputationRep:
    hey, im just about to finish my first year of nutrition at QMU and the only chemistry module i had was biochemistry, this is just first year but you can check the uni website on the course's page to see any other chemistry based modules in the following years.
    biochem wasn't that bad, all you have to know is basic standard grade or int 2 chemistry and you'll be fine, its basically chemistry in biology for example amino acids structures in the body and that.

ReputationRep:
    That's great to know, I wouldn't mind Biochemistry!! Thanks for the feedback

ReputationRep:
    Hi Carly, I've just finished my first year in Dietetics which is pretty much the same as nutrition. The biochem is fine as long as you learn the concepts and figure out the calculations the assignments are a lab report and a multiple choice exam with some short answers in second year, we have systems biology too. Good luck to u in September! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Jenn2505 .. It doesn't sound as bad as the course I'm currently in. Hopefully I pass my exams here and get into nutrition, got a conditional offer!! Thanks though

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.