Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Okay, here goes. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been talking to this girl, and we have been thinking about meeting up. There's just one problem. She lives in a dodgy area and I'm a bit scared to go there, and I'm just wondering what to do, should I put it off because I might get stabbed? Thamesmead looks like a nice place, but, it has a lot of gang trouble and it scares me, what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Sort out your grey hair first.

Dont meet her there then? Meet somewhere else would be the logical idea.

ReputationRep:
    Meet somewhere else then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by consumed by stuff)
    *insert swear word here*
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    Meet somewhere else then?
    Oh yeah, I didn't think of that, but, I can't avoid it for ever and I'm not sure what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Arrange to meet somewhere else, or just go meet her 'cos "bad areas" are never as bad as your parents make them out to be.

ReputationRep:
    The area in which a person lives does not always reflect on the person. If you really like this girl then you should by all means meet her. I would suggest a first meeting be carried out in a different place, not your area or hers, maybe half way? That way you are not constantly worrying about what's round the corner and she feels as if you have still made an effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stop being a ****ing pussy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack the hat)
    *insert swear word here*

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that, but, I can't avoid it for ever and I'm not sure what to do.
    well for now while you're just getting to know her so meet somewhere else, then decide later if you really like her if you wanna meet her in her area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay__)
    The area in which a person lives does not always reflect on the person. If you really like this girl then you should by all means meet her. I would suggest a first meeting be carried out in a different place, not your area or hers, maybe half way? That way you are not constantly worrying about what's round the corner and she feels as if you have still made an effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, that would be more relaxing. I'm more scared at night, as the gangs might be running around.
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    Nah, I'm not that scared, I'm just a bit worried.
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    well for now while you're just getting to know her so meet somewhere else, then decide later if you really like her if you wanna meet her in her area.
    Yeah, I'm gunna do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    This. Do you drive? I assume you don't plan to be loitering around the local 'hang-out'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jd1982)
    This. Do you drive? I assume you don't plan to be loitering around the local 'hang-out'?
    No, I don't drive. Thamesmead doesn't have a train station which would mean I'd have to get off at Abbey wood and walk through all the estates!

Bit extreme, but, does anyone know where to order a knife vest jacket thing?

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't drive. Thamesmead doesn't have a train station which would mean I'd have to get off at Abbey wood and walk through all the estates!

Www.justformen.com

ReputationRep:

To be fair, I would have reservations about going onto some ****hole of an estate. But it won't look good if you turn up in a slash proof vest and she doesn't wear one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jd1982)
    To be fair, I would have reservations about going onto some ****hole of an estate. But it won't look good if you turn up in a slash proof vest and she doesn't wear one...
    I'd try and hide it under my jacket.

ReputationRep:
    It could be a trap. Are you well off? She and her friends could be luring you there just to rob you. In my experience where a person lives reflects their character. If she comes from a dodgy area she is more than likely scum. There are other girls out there, I would give this one a wide berth.

ReputationRep:
    I've been talking to this girl, and we have been thinking about meeting up. There's just one problem. She lives in a dodgy area and I'm a bit scared to go there, and I'm just wondering what to do, should I put it off because I might get stabbed? Thamesmead looks like a nice place, but, it has a lot of gang trouble and it scares me, what should I do?
    Meet somewhere else? Grow a pair? Stop being an idiot?

(Original post by consumed by stuff)
    :lol::jerry:

ReputationRep:
    To all the people thinking I'm being a pussy. Watch this and not be scared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VVzTOrkaS4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glory&Honour)
    It could be a trap. Are you well off? She and her friends could be luring you there just to rob you. In my experience where a person lives reflects their character. If she comes from a dodgy area she is more than likely scum. There are other girls out there, I would give this one a wide berth.
    No, not exactly well off, so I doubt it would be a trap.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like a great place. Technically you could be accused of racism...

I agree with you mate, bin her off - don't lower yourself to occupying the same space...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.