Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Helping hair grow faster? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My hair grows really slow, and I was wondering if anyone has tried or done something that made their hair grow faster? I already trim off split ends, and deep condition occasionally...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that cod liver/fish oil tablets are really good at keeping your hair shiny, strong and therefore also allowing it to grow faster. I haven't tried this but they seem to have all-round beneficial effects so might give it a go

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know about remedies but one thing I know is that once a day if you hang your head upside down for a minute or two it makes your hair grow quicker.I know it sounds weird but hanging you head upside down makes blood go to your head (obviously!)and the blood speeds up the growth so it gets longer!Try it and I hope it works...

Funny, I was watching this last night:

ReputationRep:
    - Biotin supplements and a good multivitamin
    - Deep condition at least once a week with a thick creamy conditioning product
    - Wash your hair less often and avoid as many products containing sulfates & silicones as possible, there are some great sulfate-free shampoos available
    - Stay away from bleaching & dyeing your hair as well as using heated appliances on it
    - Trim at least once every few months by a good hairdresser
    - Be patient

The speed at which your hair grows is mostly determined by genes and your hair 'cycle' but having it in top condition will encourage growth and prevent breakage. There's no magic trick to grow hair, just patience & looking after it!

ReputationRep:
    Healthy balanced diet with plenty of protein as this is literally what hair is - protein called keratin.
    Keep your hair in good condition with regular trims.
    Massage your hair with circular movements when washing it as this stimulates the blood flow in your scalp which will promote hair growth.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.