Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Before I move there, I would like to know if I might be able to get some kind of part time job in that area ( Greenwich), since going to central London everyday is way to expensive I assume...

Thnx a lot !

ReputationRep:
    In Greenwich town centre there aren't really that many shops or restaurants tbh. Guess there's the opportunity of waitressing at one of the restaurants in the O2, or working in centres like Woolwich or the shops in Charlton. Where will you be living?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiina)
    In Greenwich town centre there aren't really that many shops or restaurants tbh. Guess there's the opportunity of waitressing at one of the restaurants in the O2, or working in centres like Woolwich or the shops in Charlton. Where will you be living?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At student Halls, Greenwich University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broly)
    At student Halls, Greenwich University.
    I gathered that lol. Doesn't really tell me much considering they have halls in 3 different campuses...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiina)
    I gathered that lol. Doesn't really tell me much considering they have halls in 3 different campuses...
    Sorry sorry Well it is gonna be Cutty Sark Hall or McMillan Student Village !

meaning Deptford area I guess...But of course, anything near by can be useful !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broly)
    Sorry sorry Well it is gonna be Cutty Sark Hall or McMillan Student Village !

meaning Deptford area I guess...But of course, anything near by can be useful !
    A lot of the 'shopping centres' are gonna be a bus ride away, as a lot of the shops near your halls are things like one-off/independent sort of shops. However, there are supermarkets and bars, plus there are normal shops too. I wouldn't rule out getting a train into central London though - just looked up the cost of a train to Charing Cross and it's only a tiny bit more than a bus!

I think you should be able to find something. Just remember there will be a lot of competition for any job.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.