Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Well, I just see this link on Oxford learn because I am studying English here in Brazil with Oxford's books.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone out there,
    My student finance application has been rejected because I won't have been living in the UK for three years before the start of the academic year 2017/2018 even though I've 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' in the UK. However, I also challenged the Student Finance UK decision of not allowing me to have funding for this academic year. If the appeal might not go in my favour, I've to take a gap year inevitably. Therefore, I've a few questions regarding gap year which are as follows;
    1. Do I have to sign up for UCAS again?
    2. Do I have to get references from my college and high school again?
    3. Can I defer my entry to any any specific university for the next academic year if I get an offer without getting references from college and signing up for UCAS all over again?
    I can't think of any other questions at the moment but will be asking as soon as they come in mind.
    Any response will be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't take a gap year, but I know people who did. I also know people who went straight to uni and took their gap year AFTERWARDS, before they started working. It all depends what you think will suit you best. And just to add - I lived with a lot of people who were a year or 2 older for various reasons including gap years, and it literally made no difference. Age seems to matter less when you're out of school/sixth form

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.