What sort of things do they ask you at your passport interview?

Watch
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've just sent my application off for my first UK passport so I dunno what to expect! Haha
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Got my appointment for this Saturday in Edinburgh so any advice would be great!
AliBali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They asked me my name and told me to spell it... asked me to confirm my date of birth and my current address... then they moved on and asked me about my mum and dad and where they were born... It then moved on to where I went to school, how many were in my year... She asked if I could drive, where I sat my test, she asked about my friends. Also asked me where I was planning to go if I received my passport and finally who counter signed my passport and how old they were. My passport arrived a week later! I'm really sorry how this is typed, but my return key isn't working!! Hope it goes well
TheMagicRat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One of the questions I was asked was "When did your parents get married?". I had no idea. It's not a disaster if you can't answer a question. I couldn't answer that off the top of my head and I got my passport. I'm just rubbish when it comes to remembering dates like that.
munchkins
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's just based on what you've written to prevent fraud.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
I had my interview on Saturday (6th) and got my passport through yesterday (10th) so that was pretty quick!

The guy I got for my interview was cool. It felt more like chatting to a friend and I ended up getting a high five from him when I told him my cats names are Rambo and Nibbler haha
geemebuddha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had my interview today on 10/11/2015 @ london office.
1. What is my full name?
2. Spell out my full name?
4. Which method you used to send passport application
6. Details of my family, DOB, where they born.
7. How long have you lived at your current address? Where did you live before address and postcode?
9. Who do you bank with at this address?
10. Do you have a any other bank aco*****, credit cards? (name the banks)
11. Credit card issuer and how many cards you have
12. My mother Full name, her date of birth and place of birth
13. My father Full name, his date of birth and place of birth
14. Parent’s marriage date
15. My countersignature, his name, profession, How old he will be?
16. If self employed, details of accountant? how long you are with the account? address details.
17. what did you do on weekend, where did you shop, name the shops you visited?
18. How do you travel to work location? how long does it take.
19. how did you travel this morning to passport office? (Tube, bus?)
GKMuhiwa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had my passport interview four days ago and up to now I haven't received my passport. I'm not sure what happened
username1460451
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GKMuhiwa)
I had my passport interview four days ago and up to now I haven't received my passport. I'm not sure what happened
what did they ask you? and did you recieve your passport?

im planing to do my interview this sunday
Tlks1995
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Had my interview today went horribly wrong couldn't remember phone number was so nervous and got asked about my countersigner age didn't have a clue will i pass have no idea think nerves got best out of me
Callum Gemmell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What if you got your post code wrong and your mother Brithday but got the address right and father Brithday and grandparents and school and your name right ? As I've just went to mine today
billiejeanhall26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi can anyone help me ? Im going to my interview in Liverpool today, Its for a lost passport so renewal, I do not have any photo ID only got Birth certificate and wage slip (which address on) and I have my old passport number which i lost. Will I stilll be ok ?
Jonhny2combs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AliBali)
They asked me my name and told me to spell it... asked me to confirm my date of birth and my current address... then they moved on and asked me about my mum and dad and where they were born... It then moved on to where I went to school, how many were in my year... She asked if I could drive, where I sat my test, she asked about my friends. Also asked me where I was planning to go if I received my passport and finally who counter signed my passport and how old they were. My passport arrived a week later! I'm really sorry how this is typed, but my return key isn't working!! Hope it goes well
(Original post by billiejeanhall26)
Hi can anyone help me ? Im going to my interview in Liverpool today, Its for a lost passport so renewal, I do not have any photo ID only got Birth certificate and wage slip (which address on) and I have my old passport number which i lost. Will I stilll be ok ?
I have no passport, but need one to get a flat and I have no photo I.d as I do not drive. You have more than me, you should be fine. I am trying to get photo I.d to prove that I am me, so I can get a flat. Apparently that is the law now, but I have been privately renting since I was 17 and have never been asked for so much proof to prove I am the Englishman I say I am. What has this country come to??? Got on a rant ,sorry. You will be fine.
Amyisles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have my interview at Portsmouth, I am dreading it just in case they ask me questions that I don’t know
RFLRSS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Had a change of name over 25 years ago, passport expired about 7 years ago.I'm not a traveller but recently felt I need a passport renewal and have lost passport. I still know my passport number. My historical tax and NHS records are available and years of people in position to countersign if needed. Help on what to do please 🙂
TheBritishKoala
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What if you sent it away when living at home with parents but currently at university in halls of residence which none of your bank or anything is signed to?-
El Salvador
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I was not interviewed. I only sent in the online application form.

I don't remember when I was getting my first though, I was a young child or a baby.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (31)
8.45%
Confident (49)
13.35%
Indifferent (53)
14.44%
Unsure (89)
24.25%
Worried (145)
39.51%

Watched Threads

Latest