Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

never mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derweise)
    Hello,

I got and offer from Queen Mary, University of London. My question is that after accepting the offer, are you really bound to your decision? What if later some other better university offers you a place?
    Masters or PhD? Is it attached to funding?
    Can't you just wait for your other decisions before accepting/rejecting?
    Also consider for a masters they may want you to put down a deposit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRandomer)
    Masters or PhD? Is it attached to funding?
    Can't you just wait for your other decisions before accepting/rejecting?
    Also consider for a masters they may want you to put down a deposit.
    Master's. And no funding is attached to it. They just gave me one month to think about it and now there is only one week left and I haven't heard anything from other universities I have aapplied to yet.

How much time do they give to put down the deposit. Does it have to be right after I accept the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Many unis don't ask for a deposit, so you'll have to ask QMUL whether they do and what they deadline might be. My Masters uni didn't want a deposit and only asked for fee payment on enrollment, which was the week before the course start date. I could have withdrawn my acceptance at any point before that. It's not an unusual situation, as many people struggle to find funding for PG study and have to pull out at the last minute.

Technically you could still pull out even if you paid a deposit - you 'd just forfeit the deposit.

ReputationRep:
    Email the other universities and see where they're up to with your application? Just tell them you have other offers but you're really keen to be considered. Then you could make a more informed decision.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, thanks for the advices and information!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.